- All the ways to earn Marriott points in 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy program review
- How to transfer Marriott points to airline partners
- What are Marriott points worth?
- Our review of Marriott Bonvoy elite status
- How to redeem Marriott points
- Why Marriott points are best for free flights
- How to set up a Marriott account
- Do Marriott points expire?
- Our permanent page for current Marriott promotions
Last Chance: The Increased Offer on the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX Credit Card Ends April 24, 2019!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
INSIDER SECRET: The card’s up to $300 in annual statement credits are incredibly easy to use – you can even use them to help offset the cost of a paid stay!
There isn’t much time left to apply for the increased offer on the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card! Through April 24, 2019, you can earn a 100,000-point intro bonus after meeting the card’s minimum spending requirements.
The welcome bonus can easily get you hundreds of dollars in free travel at otherwise expensive hotels and resorts. Plus, the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card has a number of valuable ongoing perks that can save you money.
You’ll get benefits like up to $300 in annual statement credits to use each card-membership year at participating Marriott hotels and a free night certificate after each account anniversary to use at participating Marriott hotels that cost up to 50,000 points per night!
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX Credit Card
Through April 24, 2019, with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card, you can earn a 100,000-point intro bonus after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
You’ll also get:
- 6 Marriott points per $1 spent on Marriott purchases
- 3 Marriott points per $1 spent at US restaurants and flights booked directly with airlines
- 2 Marriott points per $1 spent on everything else
- Annual free night award each year on your card anniversary. It’s valid at participating locations costing up to 50,000 points
- Free Gold elite status – Upgrades when available, 25% bonus points
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit
- Priority Pass lounge access membership
- 15 elite night credits every year
- $300 statement credit for Marriott purchases every year (room rate, incidentals, etc.)
- Terms Apply
The $450 annual fee (see rates & fees) is high. But the welcome bonus alone is easily worth $100s in free hotel stays. Plus, you’ll also earn a free night award valid at select Marriott hotels each account anniversary.
Are You Eligible?
During the application, AMEX will have a pop-up window that will tell you if you’re ineligible to earn the bonus based on a variety of factors. But you definitely won’t be eligible for this card’s bonus if you have or have ever had the AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card or it’s previous version (AMEX Starwood Luxury Card) ever before. You also aren’t eligible if you’ve had any of these cards in the past 30 days:
- Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan
- J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card
You also aren’t eligible for the intro bonus if you’ve had any of the following cards in the past 90 days or have earned a welcome bonus or upgrade bonus from any of these cards in the past 24 months:
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
- Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Premier Card
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Business
- Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card
- Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)