We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
If you have any plans to visit Las Vegas before the end of the year, Hyatt has a great promotion going on as part of their partnership with MGM Resorts in Las Vegas.
This could also be good news that the MGM and Hyatt partnership is going well. World of Hyatt members can benefit greatly from this partnership because you earn Hyatt points and elite nights for staying at an MGM hotel. And your World of Hyatt elite status transfers over the MGM’s M-Life Rewards program.
The shoulder season is also a quiet time in Las Vegas, so it’s a great to go then if you hate busy streets and long lines. Plus the outdoor temperatures drop from scorching desert heat to a comfortable 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Double Hyatt Points at MGM Resorts in Las Vegas
End date: December 29, 2018
Travel dates: October 1 to December 29, 2018
Important terms & restrictions:
- You must register for the promotion
- You must be BOTH a World of Hyatt member AND an M-Life Rewards member and provide your membership numbers at check-in
- You’ll receive a 100% bonus on the base points you earn
- You can earn points at any of these MGM hotels:
- Bellagio Las Vegas
- ARIA Resort and Casino
- Vdara Hotel and Spa
- MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
- The Signature at MGM Grand
- Mandalay Bay
- Delano Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay
- The Mirage Hotel and Casino
- Park MGM
- New York New York Hotel and Casino
- Luxor Hotel and Casino
- Excalibur Hotel and Casino
- The bonus points will appear in your World of Hyatt account within 3 to 4 weeks after completing your qualifying stay
Promotion link: Double Hyatt Points at MGM Resorts
Good deal or not: If you are planning any trips to Las Vegas then this is a useful promotion, but it’s not worth planning a trip just to take advantage of.
Nick, from Frequent Miler, points out that another good way to earn points is by charging meals and entertainment to your room. All of the MGM Resorts have a unified system, so you can charge a meal from any MGM location to your room and earn double Hyatt points for the charge!
In fact, I already had hotel reservations in November to visit Las Vegas for the Las Vegas Rock ‘n Roll Marathon on the strip. So I changed my hotel stay to an MGM property (the Bellagio is near the finish line, so I can crawl back to my hotel room after I am done) so I can get in on this deal!