Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Thank you so much to our readers serving in the military!
Veterans Day is just a couple weeks away. And Hyatt is expressing their gratitude by introducing a rate just for you.
Starting today, October 26, 2018, Hyatt is giving active duty military and veterans 10% to 15% off their stay with the new Veteran and Military Rate. And you’ll still earn Hyatt points when using this discount! If you’re in need of more Hyatt points, here are all the ways to earn them.
The rate is discounted from the Hyatt standard rate. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use code “MILVET” when booking
- At check-in, you’ll need to present a valid US Military or Veteran ID or other proof of your service
- You can use this rate to book yourself or immediate family only
- Valid for 2 rooms per stay
- You can only use this rate for hotels in the US
- You’ll continue to earn Hyatt points for this rate
- Not valid for Miraval resorts, M life Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties and Hyatt Residence Club resorts
This is good news for folks in the military who book refundable rooms. You won’t save much if you’re in the habit of booking advance purchase rooms, but this rate can bring flexible rates down to a non-refundable room price (and perhaps even a bit lower).
For example, the Hyatt Herald Square New York costs $419. That’s $41 higher than the advance purchase rate. But with a 10% discount, the standard rate is almost exactly the same price!
For the rest of us that don’t get these discounts, we can still stay for cheap (or FREE) with Hyatt points. And booking a hotel stay more than 48 hours in advance with points is usually refundable (but always check the cancellation policy of the individual hotel), so you’ll have plenty of flexibility, too!
You can earn Hyatt points quickly and easily by opening The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, or by transferring the points you earn with cards like the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
Thanks again for your service!
Looking to learn about more money saving tips & tricks? Then subscribe to our newsletter to get them delivered to your inbox daily!