Easy points: Earn 5,000 Hilton points (enough for a free night!) by enrolling in dining program
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Registering and linking your card is easy. Whenever you spend money at a participating restaurant, bar, etc., you’ll receive bonus rewards on top of the rewards you’d normally earn anyway. For example, if you register your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card with a dining program, you’ll earn:
- 3 Chase points per dollar for dining purchases
- Hotel or airline rewards (usually between 2 and 8 points per dollar)
That’s what we call “double dipping” your points earnings.
Plus, programs usually offer sweet intro bonuses to draw new members. Such is the case with the Hilton dining program!
Easy 5,000 Hilton points with the Hilton dining program
Hilton is currently offering 5,000 points to new customers who are not currently enrolled in the dining program. Note that you can already have a Hilton Honors account — you just need to be new to the dining program.
Here are the terms:
- Sign up for the dining program here
- Find a participating restaurant here
- Make at least $25 in eligible purchases (including tax and tip) with your enrolled card
- You can dine in the restaurant or order takeout/delivery
- Third party apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats do not qualify
- Complete an online review of the restaurant within 30 days of registering your account
That’s it! If you live near even a moderately sized city, there should be plenty of participating restaurants. Plus, you’ll earn points for the spend at the restaurant itself:
- Basic members – 2 Hilton points per dollar (if you elect to not receive emails from the Hilton dining program)
- Select members – 5 Hilton points per dollar (if you elect to receive emails from the Hilton dining program)
- VIP members – 8 Hilton points per dollar spent (if you elect to receive email communications from Hilton Honors Dining and have already completed 11 qualified transactions in the calendar year)
Again, all these earnings are on top of whatever your credit card normally earns for dining.
5,000 points is an uncommonly high bonus for joining a dining program (they usually hover between 1,000 and 2,000 points). We estimate Hilton points value to be about 0.5 cents each, making this bonus worth $25 on average. If you’re interested in earning even more Hilton points, signing up for a Hilton credit card is another quick route.
There is no real Hilton award chart, but Hilton prices all its hotels between 5,000 and 120,000 points per night. That’s right, it’s possible to get a free hotel night simply by enrolling in the Hilton dining program. I wouldn’t count on it, however, as 5,000-point hotels are few and far between — and usually far, far away. As an example, you could stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport — a great starting point if you intend to explore Bali.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
18.24% – 25.24% Variable
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)