Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
The previous sign-up bonus was 25,000 Alaska Airlines miles upon approval. But, you’d also earn a $100 statement credit after meeting spending requirements.
The new offer no longer includes the $100 statement credit and requires minimum spending to earn the sign-up bonus.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for this offer, but we’ll always share the best deals with our readers!
Here are the details!
What’s the Deal?
You can earn 30,000 Alaska Airlines miles when you’re approved for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card and spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account. You’ll also get:
- 3 Alaska Airlines miles per $1 you spend on Alaska Airlines
- 1 Alaska Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- A coach Companion Fare certificate each year (your companion travels with you on a paid ticket for $99 plus tax)
- First checked bag free for yourself and up to 6 companions traveling on the same reservation
- Access to Visa Signature benefits
- No foreign transaction fees (new!)
The $75 annual fee is NOT waived.
The increased sign-up bonus is great because Alaska Airlines miles are valuable for domestic and international award flights. For example, a one-way coach award ticket between the US and Asia on Cathay Pacific costs 30,000 Alaska Airlines miles.
Here’s my full review of the card.
Note: There are 2 versions of the Alaska Airlines card. If you are approved with a credit line more than $5,000, you will receive a Visa Signature account with the above benefits. If your credit line is less than $5,000, you will receive a Platinum Plus account, which has a much lower sign-up bonus.
Will you apply for the Alaska Airlines card with the increased sign-up bonus?