Anyone who likes earning and using Hawaiian Airlines miles will be happy about this news!
As of tomorrow, July 11, 2018, the Barclays Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® will have a new earning structure. And you’ll be able to earn more Hawaiian Airlines miles for certain purchases you make with the card.
Here’s more about the updates to the Barclays Hawaiian Airlines card.
Earn More Hawaiian Airlines Miles for Certain Purchases
With the refreshed Barclays Hawaiian Airlines card, you’ll be able to earn 50,000 bonus Hawaiian Airlines miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
You’ll also get:
- Free first checked bag (for the primary cardholder only, and only if you use your card and buy tickets from Hawaiian Airlines directly)
- A one-time 50% off companion discount for round-trip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Discounts on award tickets
- No foreign transaction fees
And the annual fee (that’s NOT waived the first year) will increase from $89 to $99.
This is the same welcome bonus currently offered on the card, but the card’s earning structure will change for the better!
Going forward, you’ll earn:
- 3X Hawaiian Airlines miles per $1 spent on eligible Hawaiian Airlines purchases
- 2X Hawaiian Airlines miles per $1 spent on gas, dining, and at grocery stores (excluding Target and Walmart)
- 1X Hawaiian Airlines mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
That’s an improvement over the current card, which earns 2X miles on Hawaiian Airlines purchases and 1X miles on all other purchases. But the card will lose the benefit of the 5,000 Hawaiian Airlines mile anniversary bonus after spending $10,000 or more by your account anniversary.
The business version of the card will also be updated to a similar earning structure. But instead, you’ll earn 2X Hawaiian Airlines miles per $1 spent on office supply stores instead of grocery stores.
Earn Hawaiian Airlines Miles With Other Cards
You don’t need a Hawaiian Airlines card to earn Hawaiian Airlines miles! That’s because Hawaiian Airlines is an AMEX Membership Rewards transfer partner, and you can also move points from Starwood to Hawaiian Airlines, both at a 1:1 ratio.
So if you want more Hawaiian Airlines miles, you could consider cards like:
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express® Gold Card
- AMEX EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
If you’re a current Barclays Hawaiian Airlines cardholder or are considering getting the card in the near future, know that the card’s earning structure (and a few other benefits) will change tomorrow, July 11, 2018!
Luckily, most of these changes are positive. Like you’ll now earn more Hawaiian Airlines miles per $1 spent on Hawaiian Airlines purchases and on gas, dining, and at grocery stores.
Remember, you don’t need a Hawaiian Airlines credit card to earn Hawaiian Airlines miles! They’re a transfer partner of both AMEX Membership Rewards and Starwood.
What do you think of the tweaks being made to the card? Let us know in the comments!