We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Even if you never fly United Airlines, earning their frequent flyer miles can come in handy. Because you can redeem them for award flights on more than 25 Star Alliance partner airlines, including ANA, Lufthansa, LOT Polish Airlines, and Singapore Airlines. And you’ll never pay fuel surcharges!
I recently helped a friend book round-trip award flights to Thailand and Vietnam using United Airlines miles. He had no idea how valuable these miles could be!
Another nice part of this offer is the card’s $95 annual fee is waived the first year!
Chase United Explorer Card Limited-Time Offer
Apply Here: United Explorer Card
When you apply for the Chase United Explorer card, by August 15, 2018, you’ll earn 40,000 United Airlines miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Plus, a $100 statement credit after your first purchase.
Here are some examples of travel you can book with the sign-up bonus:
- 30,000 United Airlines miles are enough for a one-way coach flight to Europe. (You can pay to book cheap airfare home or use different airline miles for the return flight)
- 35,000 United Airlines miles are enough for a round-trip coach ticket to the Caribbean
- 40,000 United Airlines miles are all you need for a one-way coach flight to Australia or New Zealand
- For just 25,000 United Airlines miles, you can fly round-trip in coach to just about anywhere within the continental US
Keep in mind, you’ll also earn miles from making purchases with this card. So you don’t have to hurry and use the bonus right away. Earning more miles from your ongoing spending might help you book an even more valuable award, like a Business Class flight!
Besides the valuable sign-up bonus, cardholders can also enjoy these perks:
- Earn 2 United Airlines miles per $1 you spend on purchases from United Airlines
- Earn 2 United Airlines miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotel accommodations (when purchased directly with the hotel)
- Earn 1 United Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- Earn 5,000 bonus United Airlines miles if you add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first 3 months
- Free first checked bag for the cardholder and 1 companion – but you MUST use your card to pay for your ticket
- Priority boarding
- 2 United Club lounge passes per card membership year
- Access to an increased number of award seats
- Earn 25% bonus miles when shopping through the United Airlines MileagePlus X app
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit (up to $100)
- 25% off in-flight United Airlines purchases (Wi-Fi, drinks, food, etc.)
- No foreign transaction fees
This card has a $95 annual fee. But it’s waived the first year when you take advantage of this limited-time offer!
A few of our recent posts mention why the Chase United Explorer card might make a great pick for your wallet. Read more here:
- All-New Ultimate Guide to United Airlines Miles
- Our List: The 5 Best Limited-Time Credit Card Promotions
- The Best Credit Cards With Lounge Access
With the limited-time Chase United Explorer card offer, you’ll earn 40,000 United Airlines miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. And you’ll earn a $100 statement credit after your first purchase.
One of the best parts about earning United Airlines miles is the flexibility you get when redeeming them for award flights on Star Alliance partner airlines. So even if you don’t have plans to fly United Airlines, earning their airline miles can still come in handy!
How do you plan on using the United Airlines miles you earn with this great bonus? Let us know in the comments!