Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Back again with more proof that Iberia is the best Chase Ultimate Rewards points partner for travel to Europe. This is a deal you should really pay attention to. Sign-up for our newsletter so you don’t miss other sales like this.
Iberia already offers the low award prices to Europe, so long as you fly between select cities nonstop to Madrid. Here’s what you’ll pay off-peak:
- Boston, Chicago, New York – 17,000 points in coach one-way
- Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco – 21,250 points in coach one-way
But with this Iberia sale, you’ll pay just HALF PRICE from East Coast cities! Here’s what you need to know.
Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards Points to Iberia for Cheap Tickets to Europe
Through December 31, 2018, you can book a round-trip coach flight to Europe for just 17,000 Iberia Avios points! That’s downright unbeatable. Other airlines usually charge much more to cross the pond.
- United Airlines charges 60,000 miles round-trip to Europe (43,000 more miles than this Iberia sale)
- Delta charges 30,000 miles or less round-trip to Europe (but that’s only during special sales like this one)
- American Airlines usually charges 60,000 miles round-trip, but as little as 18,000 miles round-trip with their new Economy Web Specials on select routes (still 1,000 more miles than this Iberia sale)
Before elation drowns you like a warm undercurrent, there are a few key terms to note about this sale:
- Sale prices are only valid from Boston, Chicago, and New York (JFK) to Madrid
- Travel dates are between January 14 and March 31, 2019
- Valid for one-way or round-trip flights
In other words, if you’d like to visit Europe in the coming few months and you have a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, this is the deal for you. Even if you don’t live near one of those 3 cities, it could definitely be worth flying there just for these ridiculously priced award seats.
This is not the first time Iberia has had a sale like this. Even if you don’t think you have Iberia Avios points, you probably do! For example:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to Iberia at a 1:1 ratio
- AMEX Membership Rewards points transfer to Iberia at a 1:1 ratio
- Marriott points transfer to Iberia at a 3:1 ratio
And if you don’t have any of those points, you can rack them up the quickest by opening cards like the Ink Business Preferred and Chase Sapphire Preferred. That way you’ll be ready for the next unbelievable sale!