Save 10% on British Airways Flights With the British Airways Card
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Like last year, British Airways has extended their promotion to give 10% off British Airways flights when you pay with your British Airways card. When you use your British Airways card, you can save 10% on all British Airways flights booked now through December 31, 2014.
But you’ll have to enter the promotion code!
The British Airways Card
Link: British Airways card
The British Airways card offers 50,000 bonus British Airways Avios points after spending $3,000 in 3 months.My favorite perks of the British Airways card are the:
- Travel Together Ticket good for 2 years on any award ticket after spending $30,000 in a calendar year (Great for Big Spenders.) Here’s what I think about the Travel Together Ticket.
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Earn 1.25 British Airways Avios points per $1 spent
Emily and I used our Travel Together Ticket to fly in First Class for our honeymoon in Paris.
10% Off British Airways Flights
Link: 10% Off British Airways Flights
If you have the British Airways credit card, you can save 10% on all British Airways flights for travel now through December 31, 2014. To get the 10% discount, your departing flight has to leave the US before December 31, 2014. And you can use this discount on all classes of British Airways flights from coach to First Class.
You will earn 2.5 British Airways Avios points per $1 spent on British Airways flights when you pay with your British Airways card.
You have to book your flight:
- Via this website
- Enter the promotion code, “CARDOFFERU”
- Use your British Airways card to pay for the flight
I was able to go to the regular British Airways website and enter the discount code in the “Promotion Code” box and get the 10% discount. But, I don’t know if the discount would be removed if I didn’t pay with the British Airways credit card.
You get a 10% discount on:
- The cost of a ticket INCLUDING taxes & fees
- All classes including coach, premium coach, Business Class and First Class
- Up to 8 tickets on the same flight
However, the discount is only valid on PAID airline tickets and NOT on award tickets.
The 10% discount comes with restrictions:
- Tickets must be purchased at www.ba.com/Chase10
- Valid for new bookings by residents of the US, paid in US Dollars with a British Airways card
- Travel must start in the US
- The discount can’t be combined with other offers
- Discount only applies to British Airways flights (partner airline flights do NOT qualify for the discount)
- Discount does not apply to baggage fees, seat assignment fees, rewards fees, or British Airways Avios purchases
- Cardholder must travel for discount to be applicable
How To Apply The Discount
Step 1 – Enter Promotional Code
Log in to the British Airways website via this link and search for your flights.Note: When I used the 10% off link, the discount was automatically applied.
If it’s not automatically applied, or if you search the regular British Airways site, enter the promotion code “CARDOFFERU” in the promotional code or eVoucher box to get the 10% discount.
Step 2 – Discount Will Be Applied
The 10% discount will be applied and your new total will be shown. The 10% discount is on the TOTAL price of the ticket, so this is a true 10% discount.
Save 10% On 8 Tickets
I was curious to see if I would get a 10% discount on 8 tickets. It worked!
Discount Only Applies to British Airways Flights
The 10% discount only applies to British Airways flights and does NOT apply to code shares or other oneworld Alliance airline flights. If you try to use the discount with a codeshare flight, say, American Airlines or Iberia, you will get an error message.
You can get 10% off any British Airways flight departing from the US to any destination that British Airways flies when you use the promotional code, “CARDOFFERU” and paying with your British Airways card for travel on British Airways.
The flight has to depart from the US by December 31, 2014, but can return later.
This discount is great for flights to India or the Middle East where British Airways usually has competitive prices. You should always check prices are on other airlines because they could be cheaper than a 10% discount on a British Airways flight.
Where will you fly using your British Airways 10% discount?
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)
Join the Discussion!