Earn 8x Marriott points at Amazon, Target and Walmart — plus 10,000 more for spending $1,000
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you’ve got a Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, you may be targeted for a whopper of an Amex Offers combo worth hundreds of dollars.
If you’re unfamiliar, Amex Offers is one of the greatest features of American Express cards. They offer statement credits or bonus points for purchases made at specific stores or in spending categories which you may swipe your card anyway. They’re targeted, so each cardholder may see slightly different offers. If you’ve got any of the best American Express credit cards, it’s a good idea to check your offers every week or so — just to make sure you’re not leaving money or points on the table for your upcoming purchases!
Read our post on everything you need to know about Amex Offers for all the details. Here’s the latest great deal from Amex Offers!
Best Marriott Amex Offers combo we’ve ever seen?
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card with a $450 annual fee (see rates and fees) already comes with an all-time high welcome bonus of up to 125,000 points as well as complimentary Platinum elite status for the 2021 status year:
- 100,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months of account opening
- An additional 25,000 bonus points after your first cardmember anniversary
- Enjoy complimentary Platinum Elite status with your card for the 2021 status year.
- (Offer expires 1/13/2021)
If that’s not a good enough reason to apply, remember that Amex cards come with super valuable Amex Offers. Currently, Bonvoy Brilliant cardmembers are being targeted for three separate promotions right now, all of which you can achieve simultaneously. They’ll give you hundreds of dollars in value for money you were already planning to spend:
- Spend $1,000 on your card by Nov. 30, 2020, and receive a $100 statement credit
- Spend $1,000 on your card by Dec. 24, 2020, and receive 10,000 bonus Marriott points
- Earn 6 bonus points at Amazon, Target, and Walmart through Dec. 27, 2020 (a total of 8 points per dollar) on up to $3,500 (also valid for other Amex Marriott personal credit cards)
That first Amex Offer is nothing new — many of us earned that credit well before November. But if you haven’t used yours yet, and if you’re lucky enough to be targeted for all three of these above offers, you’re making a killing. Here’s why these deals are so good:
- You don’t have to spend $1,000 at Marriott for this bonus to kick-in. You’ll trigger these promotions after you spend $1,000 on anything
- You don’t have to make one giant $1,000 purchase. You can chip away at it as long as the promotions last
- You can achieve them all at once
[ Subscribe to our newsletter to get the best credit card promos and deals delivered straight to your inbox]
To immediately and easily earn this bonus, you could swipe your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant at Walmart for groceries and perhaps a Walmart gift card you can use next month (the same strategy applies to Target and Amazon). By spending $1,000 at Walmart with your card, you’d earn:
- $100 statement credit for spending $1,000 on your card
- 10,000 Marriott points for spending $1,000 on your card
- 8,000 Marriott points for spending $1,000 at Walmart (the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant normally earns 2 points per dollar at Walmart, plus you’ll get an additional 6 bonus points with this Amex Offer)
We estimate Marriott points are worth 0.8 cents per point. Earning 18,000 Marriott points is like earning $144 in Marriott stays. Add the $100 statement credit, and you’ve saved $244 for $1,000 in regular spending. That’s seriously incredible.
It’s well worth noting that you can get much more than 0.8 cents per Marriott point if you know how to use them. For example, I booked a ski trip at the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch in Colorado over Christmas week, for which I’m getting a value of 2.9 cents per point (nights cost $2,300+ during those days!). In other words, 18,000 points are worth $520 towards that vacation. Read our post on the best ways to use Marriott points to learn the power of Marriott points.
Amex Offers have saved me hundreds of dollars in 2020. And card issuers continue to ramp up their great promotions for their travel credit cards, as their valuable travel benefits are gathering dust in the wake of coronavirus.
Let us know if you’re targeted for all three of these offers! And subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss great credit card promos like this delivered to your inbox once per day.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Brilliant Amex card, click here.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)