15 New Flight Routes! Destinations Include Hawaii, Japan, Prague, and More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
We put together a roundup of new flight routes across 7 airlines, including Delta, Japan Airlines, and United Airlines. New routes mean you’ll have more ways to use miles & points to cross off destinations on your travel bucket list!
Be sure to check out our guides to earning and using specific types of airline miles to learn how you can avoid having to pay a lot to fly on these new routes!
Here’s a look at new routes! Keep in mind, certain routes are seasonal.
1. British Airways
- London to Osaka beginning March 31, 2019
- Detroit to Honolulu beginning November 15, 2018
3. Frontier Airlines
- Atlanta to Sarasota beginning December 10, 2019
- Orlando to Burlington, Vermont beginning February 9, 2019
- Orlando to Little Rock, Arkansas beginning November 16, 2018
- Orlando to Louisville, Kentucky beginning November 15, 2018
- Orlando to Portsmouth, New Hampshire beginning December 6, 2018
- Philadelphia to Montego Bay, Jamaica, beginning February 10, 2019
4. Hawaiian Airlines
- Boston to Honolulu beginning April 4, 2019
Hawaiian Airlines is an AMEX Membership Rewards transfer partner!
5. Japan Airlines
- Tokyo to Seattle beginning March 31, 2019
Don’t forget, Japan Airlines is part of the oneworld airline alliance. And they also partner with Alaska Airlines. This means you can redeem Alaska Airlines miles, American Airlines miles, and British Airways Avios points to book awards on this new route!
6. Spirit Airlines
- Jacksonville to Chicago (ORD) beginning December 20, 2018
- Jacksonville to Detroit beginning December 20, 2018
7. United Airlines
- Newark to Naples, Italy beginning May 22, 2019
- Newark to Prague beginning May 22, 2019
- San Francisco to Amsterdam beginning March 30, 2019
If you collect Chase Ultimate Rewards points from cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, you can move points to United Airlines at a 1:1 ratio. And transfers are usually instant! United Airlines is my favorite Chase transfer partner!
Which new route are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)
Join the Discussion!