Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Valentine’s Day is just 13 days away! Do you know what you’re getting for that special someone?
Here are a few gift ideas for your Valentine and ways you can save!
4 Gift Ideas That Will Steal Hearts and Save Your Wallet!
1. The Classics
Flowers, chocolate, cards, and balloons are the standards of romance. And there are easy ways to save!
Make your purchase at your local grocery store and earn bonus points or cash back with cards like:
- AMEX EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card – 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points at supermarkets. And when you make 30+ purchases within a billing cycle, you’ll earn an increased 4.5X AMEX Membership Rewards points at supermarkets. Terms apply.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at supermarkets up to $6,000 in purchases per anniversary year; then 1%. Terms apply.
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express – 2X AMEX Membership Rewards points at US supermarkets. Terms apply.
And you may be able to get the discount more than once. So you could get chocolates for your mom too!
This deal is good through February 15, 2016.
Plus, most AMEX cards come with a ShopRunner membership, which will gives you free 2-day shipping at 1-800-FLOWERS.
2. Dinner and a Movie
Many restaurants offer specials for Valentine’s Day. Just be sure to book well in advance because tables fill up quickly!
You can earn miles and points on your meal by paying with cards such as:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- Citi Prestige – 2X Citi ThankYou points
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express – 2X AMEX Membership Rewards points at US restaurants
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 2X Citi ThankYou Points
After the meal, see the 1 of this year’s Oscar nominated films at the theater.
Pay at the theater and earn 2X Citi ThankYou Points with your Citi ThankYou Premier card.
Pay for your ride with the Discover it® Cash Back to earn 5% cash back because ground transportation is a bonus category this quarter. And if you’re a new cardholder, Discover will match your cashback earnings at the end of your 1st card year for a total of 10% in savings.
Or earn 3X Citi ThankYou points with the Citi ThankYou Premier card.
Spark your Valentine’s sense of adventure with unique experiences!
That special someone will never forget a dinner cruise on the river or scenic helicopter tour! With the Citi ThankYou Premier card, you can earn 2X Citi ThankYou points on tourist attractions.
Or redeem your Starwood points for exclusive concert tickets, VIP access to sporting events, or celebrity chef events. While you can get more out of your points by redeeming for travel, it may be worth it for a memorable experience!
4. Weekend Getaway
One of the most romantic things you can do is whisk your loved one away from the stresses of everyday life. Whether it’s a weekend or longer, your miles and points can help you cover the cost!
Check out my guides on how to get away for almost free to popular destinations like:
Or book a paid stay at Hilton in the US or US territories and earn a $60 statement credit when you spend $300+ with AMEX Offers. This deal ends April 11, 2016.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! And there are many terrific ways to show your Valentine how much you care, while saving money and earning miles and points for your next vacation at the same time!
Let me know if you find a great Valentine’s Day deal!