We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. $60 Off $300+ Hilton Hotels & Resorts Booking
Check your account, because it’s a targeted offer. And keep in mind it’s only valid at Hilton hotels, not their other brands like Conrad, DoubleTree, or Hilton Garden Inn.
Here’s how to register for this and other AMEX Offers. You might be able to get the same offer multiple times by opening different browser windows.
2. Get $30 Off 1st Uber Ride
Uber and American Express have been partners for a while. Now, via SlickDeals, there’s a way for new users to earn up to $30 off their 1st Uber ride!
To get the discount, you must enroll your eligible AMEX card with the Uber app and select it as your payment method for rides. Use promotion code “UBERAMEX” and you’ll save up to $30 on your 1st trip!
The fine print:
- If the ride costs less than $30, you’ll only get a discount equal to the price of the trip
- You must use your linked AMEX card to pay for the ride
- The deal is only available in the US
- Promotion code expires July 31, 2018, and can’t be combined with other discounts
This is a better deal than our link which saves $15 off your 1st ride. But if you don’t have an AMEX card, or you’ll be using your 1st Uber ride outside the US, sign-up through Emily’s link and save up to $15 (or 10 euros).
3. Last Chance for 50% Off Hyatt Cancun All-Inclusive
Planning an all-inclusive tropical vacation for the family this year?
Time’s running out! Book by January 20, 2016, to receive the 50% discount on a minimum 5-night stay.
- Travel through November 11, 2016
- Rates are for double occupancy (additional charge for extra guests)
- Blackout dates may apply
I checked random dates, and the promotion seems to include the 5th night free in some cases!
Remember, there are lots of ways to earn Hyatt points, including transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points from cards like the Chase Ink Bold (no longer offered), Chase Sapphire Preferred, or Chase Ink Plus.
4. Earn ~2.7 Avios Points per $1 on Ferry Travel Worldwide
Based in the UK, they’re a central booking site for 130+ companies around the world. Including cool ferries like the Victoria Clipper (Seattle to Victoria, Canada) and Tallink Silja (for example Helsinki to Tallin, Estonia). My friends have recommended both!
However, you can transfer UK Avios points to British Airways at a 1:1 ratio – but you’ll need a UK Avios account. Check out this post to see the secret to getting 1, and how to transfer points! 🙂
If you’re booking ferry travel anyway, it’s worth checking out to earn ~2.7 Avios points per $1. But you’ll have to jump through some hoops:
- Create a UK Avios account (instructions here)
- Create a Direct Ferries account and add your UK Avios membership number
- You’ll collect UK Avios on every ferry crossing you book, which you can then transfer to British Airways Avios points
Definitely compare their prices to other sites, because some folks report they’re not always cheapest. And don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on travel (with no foreign transaction fees), like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Citi Premier Card.
Let me know about your favorite ferry trips in the comments!