Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
I’ve previously admitted to taking the toiletries from my hotel room. This is something I was hesitant to do at 1st, but Emily convinced me that the toiletries are part of our room fee. And when I saw the joy on a little girl’s face in India when we handed her a care package with the toiletries, I was in!
Now there is a non-profit organization, Amenity Aid, that will distribute your hotel shampoo, soaps, and toothpaste to good causes for you.
Amenity Aid gives personal care products to at-risk and in-need people.
Amenity Aid collects donations of toiletries and then supplies them to emergency shelters, temporary housing facilities, community centers, veteran assistance programs, and other organizations that assist at-risk and in-need individuals.
How You Can Help in 2 Easy Steps
Donating is easy. Here’s how you can help!
Step 1 – Collect Toiletries During Your Hotel Stays
When you travel often, you can build up quite a stockpile of travel amenities. Emily likes to put our toiletries in our suitcase, so the hotel staff will replenish them each day.
Some accepted items include:
- shampoo & conditioner
- soap & body wash
- toothpaste & toothbrushes
- toilet paper
Items should be new and unused. See the full list of accepted items on the Amenity Aid website.
Step 2 – Drop-Off or Mail Your Donation
You can mail your donations to:
Keep in mind that you will have to pay shipping costs.
And if you live in Rhode Island or plan to visit, you can drop your donations off at the following locations:
- Bess Eaton Coffee Shop, Westerly, Rhode Island – look for the white box
- The Meadows Office Park, North Kingstown, Rhode Island – this is a volunteer’s place of business so please contact Amenity Aid to arrange for drop-off.
If You Don’t Want to Collect Toiletries From Hotels, You Can Still Help!
Here are 4 other ways you can help:
1. Shop Amenity Aid’s donation catalog
2. Shop for everyday items on AmazonSmiles and 0.5% of the price of your purchases will go to Amenity Aid at no additional cost to you.
3. Sign-up and print coupons for free at Common Kindness and a percentage of the commission when you redeem your coupon will be donated to Amenity Aid.
4. You can also donate by check or PayPal. Amenity Aid is recognized as non-profit organization so your donations are tax deductible.
Amenity Aid donates personal care products to folks in need. This is a wonderful cause and it is easy to donate.
I’ve seen firsthand how donating toiletries can bring happiness to a child. And it’s great that there is a non-profit group organizing this effort.
The next time you’re staying in a hotel, consider donating some of your unused soap, shampoo, and toothpaste to help others meet their basic needs!