World’s Most Amazing Airport Lounges — And How to Get In!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Imagine enjoying a complimentary fine dining experience before boarding your flight. Or being able to relax in a private sleeping room at the airport.
These are just some of the perks you’ll enjoy when you have access to luxurious and exclusive airport lounges around the world.
I’ll share the 6 best airport lounges in the world!
6 Best Airport Lounges
I haven’t visited all these lounges. But the amenities and reviews make them some of the best in the world! I’d recommend trying LoungeBuddy, which provides detailed firsthand experiences of many airport lounges!
1. Lufthansa First Class Lounge at the Frankfurt Airport
At the Lufthansa First Class Lounge, you’ll enjoy these perks at no charge:
- Meals (made-to-order menu or tasty buffet options) and drinks (includes premium alcohol)
- Dining room seating with booths
- Access to showers or a bathtub
- Private office spaces to catch up on work or make personal calls
- 2 sleeping rooms
- Cigar bar
Within the lounge, there’s a station dedicated to those with a sweet tooth.
And don’t worry about having to run to your gate after spending time in the lounge. Folks get complimentary chauffeur service in a luxury vehicle from the lounge directly to your airplane. Million Mile Secrets team member Keith and his wife got to experience this amazing perk!
To access this lounge, you must have a First Class ticket and a same day flight on Lufthansa or SWISS.
2. Thai Airways First Class Lounge at the Bangkok Airport
Emily and I got to experience the Thai Airways Royal First Lounge several years ago.
At this lounge, you can enjoy:
- Made-to-order meals or buffet and cocktails
- Complimentary 1 hour spa treatment with an option for a full body massage
- 6 private rooms with a lounge chair, workstation, couch, and television
- Private shower suites with premium toiletry kits
- Sleeping rooms
You can access this lounge if you meet any of these 3 requirements:
- Have a First Class ticket and same day flight on Thai Airways
- Have a First Class ticket and same day flight on any Star Alliance partner airline
- Royal Orchid Plus Platinum cardholder
3. Qantas First Class Lounge at the Sydney Airport
The Qantas First Class Lounge is an amazing hangout spot before departing on a long-haul flight at the Sydney Airport.
This lounge has direct views of the runway for folks who like to watch planes land and takeoff. You’ll also enjoy:
- Chef-inspired seasonal menus featuring local ingredients
- Selection of wines from Australia and California
- Free spa treatments
- Shower stalls with rainfall shower heads
To access this lounge, you must have one of the following:
- First Class ticket and same day flight on a Qantas or Emirates flight
- First Class ticket on a Oneworld alliance partner airline flight
- Qantas elite status
- Emirates Platinum status or Oneworld Emerald status
4. Singapore Airlines Private Room Lounge at the Singapore Airport
As the name suggests, entry to the The Private Room Lounge is reserved for select Singapore Airlines passengers. You must have a First Class or Suites ticket and same day flight on Singapore Airlines to enter.
At this lounge, you can enjoy:
- Delicious made-to-order meals served in a dining room
- Complimentary premium cocktails like champagne
- Shower with luxury brand toiletries
- Family room for parents with infants
- Business center with computers
5. Emirates First Class Lounge at the Dubai Airport
The Emirates First Class Lounge is huge! There’s capacity for up to 1,800 passengers. But don’t worry about overcrowding because the lounge is bigger than some airport terminals!
And it’s more than just a lounge. You can access shops, including a wine store where you can chat with expert sommeliers. Within the lounge, you’ll also enjoy:
- Made-to-order multi-course dining menu and buffet snack options
- Sleeping rooms with relaxing lounge chairs and blankets
- Cigar bar
- Shower suites
- Spa treatments, including hair and nail services
You can access the Emirates First Class Lounge if you meet any of the following requirements:
- Have a First Class ticket and same day flight on Emirates or Qantas flight
- Emirates Platinum elite status
- Have Emirates Blue, Silver, or Gold status and pay an eligible fee
6. AMEX Centurion Lounges
You won’t complimentary spa treatments at every lounge, but I think AMEX Centurion Lounges are amazing for comfort, cleanliness, service, food, and drink.
And you can enjoy a consistent experience at any of their 7 US lounges at these airports:
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
- Houston Intercontinental (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- New York-La Guardia (LGA)
- Miami (MIA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle-Tacoma (SEA)
And there are 2 more coming soon in Philadelphia and Hong Kong.
These lounges have chefs preparing proper hot meals for guests served buffet styles. Plus there are showers, conference spaces, and premium bars with mixologists.The Centurion Lounge I visited in San Francisco even had an automated wine-tasting wall!
And you don’t have to be a premium cabin passenger to enjoy these lounges. You can enter if you have one of these cards:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz
- American Express Centurion Card (invitation only)
Access Plenty of Other Lounges Just by Having Certain Cards
The lounges I mentioned earlier have luxurious amenities. But folks simply looking to save time and money at airports with complimentary Wi-Fi and small snacks have lots of other lounges to choose from!
You can get a complimentary membership if you have any one of these cards:
- Any version of the AMEX Platinum card (the personal card, business card, or Mercedes-Benz card)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Citi Prestige
Team member Scott took advantage of his Priority Pass Select membership to treat his parents to food and drinks at the Wingtips Lounge at the New York Airport (JFK). Having access to the lounge saved them money because they didn’t have to buy overpriced food at the airport!
At some of the most exclusive airport lounges, you can enjoy luxurious perks like:
- Complimentary spa treatments
- Made-to-order meals and premium cocktails
- Access to shower suites with upscale toiletry kits
These are the world’s best airport lounges:
- Lufthansa First Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Royal First Lounge
- Qantas First Class Lounge
- Singapore Airlines Private Room Lounge
- Emirates First Class Lounge
- AMEX Centurion Lounges
For the airline specific lounges, you typically must have a First Class ticket and same day flight to get access. But you can enter AMEX lounges if you have any AMEX Platinum card (the personal card, business card, or Mercedes-Benz card).
What’s the best airport lounge you’ve visited?
The Business Platinum Card® from American ExpressAPPLY NOW
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That’s an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
14.24% – 22.24% Variable
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)