Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Want to experience a Business Class seat or spend a few nights at a 5-star hotel, but shudder at the thought of how hard you’ll have to work to save up enough cash?
You can absolutely be a lazy couch potato and still make luxury travel a reality! You see, thanks to my American Express Membership Rewards points and Chase Ultimate Rewards points, I recently spent just ~$12 for:
- A JetBlue Mint (Business Class) flight from Los Angeles to New York
- 3 nights at the Park Hyatt New York
That’s right. A trip that would have cost over $4,000, I was able to book for less than the cost of my usual lunch order at In-N-Out!
And you can do the same, by earning the bonuses from cards like:
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card – Most folks on the Million Mile Secrets team have this card. It’s the best small business card out there!
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – This is one of the absolute best all-around travel cards
Luxury Travel for EVERYONE Thanks to Flexible Rewards Like American Express Membership Rewards Points
Work smarter, not harder.
That’s one of my favorite sayings. It’s something I try to apply to everything I do, especially when it comes to travel. In fact, I often laugh to myself whenever I hear how hard other people had to work to save up enough cash for their vacation. That’s working harder, not smarter!
There’s a better way. The miles and points way.
You don’t have to be rich to travel in luxury. And you don’t need to work countless hours of overtime or pick up a part-time job to save up boat loads of cash.
With miles and points, anyone can fly Business Class. Anyone can book a 5-star hotel. And it can be done without breaking a sweat!
Easy Peasy Booking Process
So how’d I manage a Business Class flight and 3 nights at the high-end Park Hyatt New York for just $12? It was actually really simple, and here’s how you can do the same!
3 nights at the Park Hyatt New York will cost you 90,000 Hyatt points (30,000 points per night x 3 nights). Since Hyatt is a transfer partner of Chase, I simply transferred 90,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points to my Hyatt account. The points transfer at a 1:1 ratio, and happens instantly so you can use the points right away!
My flights on JetBlue cost me a total of 68,300 JetBlue points. I paid 57,700 JetBlue points for Mint Business Class for the flight to New York, and 10,600 JetBlue points for the return flight in coach. And the wonderful thing about JetBlue is they’re a transfer partner for both AMEX and Chase!
Flexibility With AMEX and Chase Points!
I absolutely LOVE AMEX and Chase points. That’s because they’re flexible points with multiple transfer partners, so you have the freedom and flexibility to transfer points to a number of different airline and hotel partners!
If you’re looking for a quick way to jump-start your points for a similar luxury trip, here are some of my favorite cards from Chase and AMEX! Earning these welcome bonuses can get you within point-blank range of being able to book a similar luxury itinerary as my trip to New York:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card – 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- Ink Business Cash Credit Card – $500 cash back (50,000 Ultimate Rewards points) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 60,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- American Express® Gold Card – 35,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
If you’re a lazy person like myself, luxury travel is still very much a possibility thanks to miles and points! You don’t have to be rich, and you don’t have to work endless hours of overtime to save up cash.
And with the right cards from AMEX and Chase, you could soon be walking in my footsteps – enjoying some seriously luxurious travel for almost nothing out of pocket!