We saw the introduction of the Chase Iberia Plus card earlier today. And Chase has just announced another brand new travel rewards credit card!
The Chase Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card will be introduced later this spring. We don’t know what the welcome bonus will be. But we’ve got the inside scoop on some of the card’s benefits!
Here is what we know about the card.
Chase Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card
This spring, Chase will unveil the new Chase Aer Lingus credit card! We don’t know what the sign-up bonus will be. But it will come with the following perks:
- 3 Aer Lingus Avios points per $1 on Aer Lingus, Iberia, British Airways, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases
- 1 Aer Lingus Avios point per $1 on all other purchases
- Ticket for a companion when a ticket is purchased in economy class, after you spend $30,000 in a calendar year
- Priority boarding on flights to and from the US
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Purchase protection
The card will come with a $95 annual fee, and it looks like it will NOT be waived the first year.
Is This a Good Deal?
You can use Aer Lingus Avios points to book British Airways, Iberia, or Aer Lingus award flights, or transfer them between the 3 airline loyalty programs.
The Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card is NOT impacted by the Chase “5/24” rule. And today, folks online are reporting the Chase Iberia Plus card isn’t either! So maybe the Chase Aer Lingus card will also be available to folks who are over “5/24.” Keep your fingers crossed!
Aer Lingus has a distance-based award chart. Which can be great for short-haul flights within Europe! And there are some sweet spots, like being able to book round-trip coach off-peak awards from 6 US Cities to Dublin for only 26,000 Avios points!
The Chase Aer Lingus Visa Signature card will be unleashed to the world in spring 2018!