You’ll spend 20% fewer miles when you fly from the US to Portugal, Iceland, Singapore, and Sydney. But you’ll have to book by March 2, 2018. Valid travel dates are between May and June 2018, and vary depending on your destination.
Here’s what you need to know about this deal!
Discounted United Airlines Award Flights to 3 Continents
Through March 2, 2018, United Airlines is giving you a 20% discount on award flights to 4 international cities:
- Porto – 48,000 United Airlines miles (normally 60,000 miles)
- Reykjavik – 48,000 United Airlines miles (normally 60,000 miles)
- Singapore – 64,000 United Airlines miles (normally 80,000 miles)
- Sydney – 64,000 United Airlines miles (normally 80,000 miles)
Here are the details:
- You must book by 11:59 pm Central Time on March 2, 2018
- Valid only for round-trip saver awards in coach
- Valid from the contiguous US and Alaska
- Open-jaw flights qualify for this deal, as long as you end in the same region you began
- You must travel to Porto, Singapore, or Sydney between May 4 and June 17, 2018
- You must travel to Reykjavik between May 23 and June 17, 2018
Is This a Good Deal?
Yes! Anyone planning travel to Australia, Asia, or Europe should consider these discounted award tickets. Because depending on where you’re going, you can save up to 16,000 United Airlines miles round-trip.
The most expensive aspect of air travel is crossing the ocean. It’s usually pretty cheap to hop around a region once you’re there. So even if you’re not interested in these particular cities, it could be worth booking a discounted award flight and then buying a ticket to the place you actually want to go.
For example, if you want to visit London, you can book a discounted award ticket to Portugal and save 12,000 United Airlines miles. Then book a round-trip from Porto to London for ~$70 round-trip on a low-cost European airline!
Or, if you want to visit Gold Coast, you can book a discounted award ticket to Sydney and save 16,000 United Airlines miles. Then spend ~$80 round-trip for a ticket to Gold Coast!
Note: if you live near any cities WOW Air serves, it’s probably NOT worth spending your miles for a visit to Reykjavik. That’s because WOW Air continually has sales for ~$200 round-trip to Iceland from many cities. And sometimes even lower!
United Airlines is saving you between 12,000 and 16,000 miles to travel to 4 international cities:
You’ll have to book your flight by March 2, 2018. And valid travel dates are different, depending on where you’re going.
This is a nice discount, and folks planning travel to Asia, Australia, or Europe should do the math to see if it’s worth flying to one of these cities and purchasing a cheap fare to their desired destination. Hopping around a region is usually pretty cheap!
Let me know if you jump on this deal!