Love flying JetBlue? Good news!
Through October 25, 2017, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, you’ll get 25% more JetBlue points when you transfer Citi ThankYou points.
Is This Transfer Bonus a Good Deal?
A 25% bonus for transferring Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue isn’t an exceptional deal. And we’ve seen better transfer bonuses in the past.
The normal transfer ratio depends on which Citi credit card you have:
- Citi ThankYou Preferred – transfer ratio of 2:1 (2 Citi ThankYou points = 1 JetBlue point)
- Citi ThankYou Premier and Citi Prestige – transfer ratio of 5:4 (5 Citi ThankYou points = 4 JetBlue points)
But with a 25% transfer bonus, you’ll get an improved transfer ratio:
JetBlue points are generally worth ~1.4 cents each towards JetBlue flights.
So if you transferred 1,000 Citi ThankYou points with this promotion, depending on the card you have, you’d get:
- 625 JetBlue points (with the Citi ThankYou Preferred ) = ~$9 in JetBlue flights
- 1,000 JetBlue points (with premium Citi ThankYou cards) = ~$14 in JetBlue flights
That’s a slightly better value than you can get for your points by purchasing airfare through the Citi ThankYou portal, where you get a value of 1.25 cents per Citi ThankYou point. But there are other more valuable airline partners you can transfer your ThankYou points to for even more savings, like Singapore Airlines and Flying Blue.
Want More JetBlue Points?
Link: Barclaycard JetBlue Card
Link: Barclaycard JetBlue Plus
There are 3 JetBlue credit cards you can open to quickly earn JetBlue points:
- Barclaycard JetBlue Card – Limited-time 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Plus Card – 40,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Small Business Card – 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
Note: Barclaycard does NOT usually approve folks for more than a couple cards each year. So make sure there are no other Barclaycard credit cards you’d rather have before you open the Barclaycard JetBlue cards.
Some other ways to earn JetBlue points are:
- Flying JetBlue (you’ll earn points based on the ticket price)
- Shopping at Amazon (earn 3 JetBlue points per $1)
- Travel partners such as Marriott, Rocketmiles, and Avis
- JetBlue online shopping portal
- Enrolling in the JetBlue dining program
And remember, you can pool JetBlue points with your family!
You’ll earn a 25% bonus when you transfer Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue through October 25, 2017.
I don’t usually recommend transferring Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue unless you have a specific flight in mind. But with this promotion, you’ll get more value from your points than you would by booking paid flights with Citi ThankYou points directly through the Citi ThankYou Travel Portal.
Is this deal good enough to convince you to transfer Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue?