Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Are you considering the Citi ThankYou Premier card, but holding out for the 50,000 point sign-up bonus?
I have great news – it’s back! But the minimum spending requirement is slightly higher.
50,000 Citi ThankYou points are worth at least $625 in travel with no blackout dates when you book through the Citi Travel Center. Or you could transfer to airline and hotel partners for even Bigger Travel!
This is 10,000 more Citi ThankYou points than the previous offer.
Note: Getting the 50,000 point offer to show up could be a little tricky!
I’ll explain how to get this increased bonus and what you can do with points!
How to Get This Deal!
Link: Citi ThankYou Premier
The previous 50,000 point offer had a minimum spending requirement of $3,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
While you do have to spend an additional $500 on the card to earn the bonus, this is still a terrific deal!
When you click on the link, you may see the old 40,000 point offer. I tried the link several times and when I switched to another browser it finally worked for me.
You’ll also get other perks with the Citi ThankYou Premier card:
- 3 Citi ThankYou points per $1 spent on travel (ex. airfare, gas stations, taxis, tolls)
- 2 Citi ThankYou points per $1 spent on dining and entertainment (amusement parks, sporting events, movies)
- No foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is waived the 1st year.
I’ve written before about how you can use 50,000 Citi ThankYou points. You could book $625 in paid travel (1.25 cents per point) with no blackout dates through the Citi Travel Center.
Or get great deals by transferring to partners like:
- Virgin Atlantic to fly to Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines
- Flying Blue to book Promo Awards (These are discount awards to Europe on Air France and KLM that change each month)
- Singapore Airlines to fly to Hawaii on United Airlines
And if you also have the Citi Prestige you can get:
- 1.6 cents per point when you redeem for flights on American Airlines (or their codeshare partners like British Airways) through July 23, 2017
- 1.33 cents per point when redeeming for airfare on any other airline through July 23, 2017
There’s a new offer to earn 50,000 Citi ThankYou points with the Citi ThankYou Premier card. But the minimum spending requirement is now $3,500 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
That’s $500 more in spending than the previous offer. But this is still a good deal, because 50,000 Citi ThankYou points are worth at least $625 in paid travel booked through the Citi Travel Center.
And potentially much more when you transfer points to airline partners for Big Travel!