I’ve searched for the BEST airline credit card bonus offers and listed them below because you usually can get the sign-on bonus once per card type. The card offers are listed alphabetically by airline.
I keep the information on this page updated, but please double check the credit card applications for details about terms and conditions of the offers. Please let me know if you find a better offer so that I can list it here!
Here are 40+ ways to complete the minimum spending on credit cards if you are concerned about completing the minimum spending requirements.
Disclosure: I get a referral if you apply for some of these cards, but I always list the highest available bonus below. For example, the links to the 50,000 mile American Airlines cards are better than my affiliate offers. Emily & I are very grateful if you apply for cards using our links!
If you find something better, I want to know about it!
1. Alaska Airlines
Bank of America Alaska Air
- 25,000 miles AND a $100 statement credit after spending $1,000 within 3 months
- The regular offer for 25,000 miles after approval on the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Personal card
- $75 annual fee NOT waived for the first year; 3% foreign transaction fee
- $99 companion certificate valid only in coach
- Alaska Air miles can be used on partner airlines such as American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Air France, LAN, etc.
- 25,000 miles with the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business card
- Warning: Bank of America may issue you a lower platinum plus or preferred card, if you don’t qualify for the Signature card, which offers only 6,000 or 4,000 miles!
2. American Airlines
Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- Your first eligible checked bag is free*
- Group 1 boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every cardmembership year with qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year
3. AAdvantage Executive
ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage®World EliteTM MasterCard®
My thoughts on the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage®World EliteTM MasterCard®
Sign-Up Bonus: 60,000 American Airlines miles after spending $5,000 on the Citi AAdvantage Executive within 3 months. A much better offer for 100,000 miles after spending $10,000 within 3 months.
Fees: $450 annual fee NOT waived; No foreign transaction fee
Other Perks: Free Admiral’s club lounge membership, 1 free checked bag for domestic travel, and priority AAccess
- Earn 10,000 elite qualifying miles after spending $40,000 in a calendar year
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Earn 30K bonus miles after you make $1K in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn As You Spend: Get 2X miles on Delta purchases and 1X miles for all other eligible dollars spent.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight – that’s a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Premium Travel Perks: Settle in sooner with Priority Boarding.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
- Log in to see how many miles you are offered. I was offered 40,000 miles after spending $500 within 3 months (Your offer will be different)
5. Delta Platinum
American Express Delta Platinum
- 35,000 bonus miles (5,000 are elite qualifying miles) after spending $1,000 within 3 months on the American Express Delta Platinum (personal).
- $100 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within 1st 3 months.
- First checked bag is free
- $150 fee NOT waived for first year; 2.7% foreign transaction fee
- Earn 2 Delta miles per $1 spent on Delta & 1 mile for everything else
- Earn 10,000 elite miles after spending $25,000 and an additional 10,000 after spending $50,000 in a calendar year
6. Delta Reserve
American Express Delta Reserve
- 10,000 medallion (elite) miles after 1st purchase with the American Express Delta Reserve card
- First checked bag is free; free Delta lounge access
- $450 fee NOT waived for first year; 2.7% foreign transaction fee
- Earn 2 Delta miles per $1 spent on Delta & 1 mile for everything else
- Earn 15,000 regular & elite miles after spending $30,000 and an additional 15,000 regular & elite miles after spending another $30,000 in a calendar year
- Tip: This card could be worth the high fee if you’re looking for Delta club access and medallion (elite) qualifying miles. Otherwise, skip it.
7. Frontier Airlines
Barclays Frontier Airlines
- Earn 40,000 miles after spending $500 in purchases in the first 90 days with the Frontier card
- Earn up to 10,000 bonus miles on balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred) in the first 90 days
- Earn Double miles on purchases at FlyFrontier.com and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Book any roundtrip award flight on Frontier starting at 20,000 miles (subject to fees/taxes from $5)
- $69 fee NOT waived for first year; 3% foreign transaction fee
- Warning: Barclays may issue you a lower Platinum card, if you don’t qualify for the World MasterCard, which offers only 5,000 miles!
8. Hawaiian Airlines
Barclays Hawaiian Airlines
- 35,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days with the Hawaiian Airlines card
- Free checked bag
- 50% off Companion ticket
- $100 Companion discount
- Earn 2 Hawaiian miles on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 1 Hawaiian mile on all other purchases
- $89 annual fee; no foreign transaction fees
Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard®
- Earn up to 35,000 award miles with qualifying transactions
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn up to 15,000 award miles with balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred) within 30 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners
- Earn 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Complimentary Companion Ticket after first purchase, then annually thereafter
- No foreign transaction fees
- $79 Annual Fee, waived for SEN and HON Circle Members
Daraius’ Tip: See these 18 ways to use Lufthansa miles.
10. United Airlines
United MileagePlus® Explorer Card
- Start with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Check your first bag for free – save up to $100 per round-trip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees!
- Earn double miles on United ticket purchases, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as you’re a Cardmember, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
11. US Airways
Barclay’s US Airways
- Daraius’ Tip: The best current offer is for 40,000 miles after your 1st purchase, but doesn’t waive the annual fee
- The regular offer of 30,000 US Air miles after 1st purchase
- $89 annual fee NOT waived for the first year; 3% foreign transaction fee
- 5,000 mile discount when you redeem for US Air award travel
- 25,000 miles with the Barclays US Air Business card
- Warning: You may get approved for the lower which offers only 15,000 miles with an annual fee of $49
12. Virgin Atlantic
BANK OF AMERICA VIRGIN ATLANTIC
- 20,000 Virgin Atlantic miles after 1st purchase with Bank of America Virgin Atlantic card
- 25,000 miles after spending $2,500 within 3 months
- 5,000 additional miles for adding 2 authorized users to your account
- Virgin Atlantic points transfer to Hilton in 3:4 ratio, so 50,000 Virgin Airline miles becomes 75,000 Hilton hotel points
- $90 annual fee NOT waived for the first year; 1% foreign transaction fee
- My review of the Virgin Atlantic credit card
13. Other Airline Card Offers
Check out FreeFrequentFlyerMiles.com for other airline credit cards which I have not listed here.
Missing your favorite offer? Please let me know!