Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express is a Million Mile Secrets advertising partner. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Disclosure: Emily & I get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. We don’t write about all the credit cards available in the US, but only the ones which get us miles and points or cash back for Big Travel with Small Money!
I keep the information on this page updated, but please double check the credit card applications for details about terms and conditions of the offers. Please let me know if you find a better offer so that I can list it here! The card offers are listed alphabetically by airline.
Here are 40+ ways to complete the minimum spending on credit cards if you are concerned about completing the minimum spending requirements.
1. Alaska Airlines
Bank of America Alaska Air
- 25,000 miles after approval on the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Personal card
- $75 annual fee NOT waived for the first year; 3% foreign transaction fee
- $99 companion certificate valid only in coach
- Alaska Air miles can be used on partner airlines such as American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Air France, LAN, etc.
- 25,000 miles with the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business card
- Warning: Bank of America may issue you a lower platinum plus or preferred card, if you don’t qualify for the Signature card, which offers only 6,000 or 4,000 miles!
2. American Airlines
3. AAdvantage Executive
ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage®World EliteTM MasterCard®
My thoughts on the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage®World EliteTM MasterCard®
Sign-Up Bonus: 50,000 American Airlines miles after spending $5,000 on the Citi AAdvantage Executive within 3 months. A much better offer for 100,000 miles after spending $10,000 within 3 months.
Fees: $450 annual fee NOT waived; No foreign transaction fee
Other Perks: Free Admiral’s club lounge membership, 1 free checked bag for domestic travel, and priority AAccess
– Earn 10,000 elite qualifying miles after spending $40,000 in a calendar year
4. British Airways
- Log in to see how many miles you are offered. I was offered 40,000 miles after spending $500 within 3 months (Your offer will be different)
- You may get a better offer using the CardMatch tool as well!
6. Delta Reserve
American Express Delta Reserve
- 10,000 medallion (elite) miles after 1st purchase with the American Express Delta Reserve card
- First checked bag is free; free Delta lounge access
- $450 fee NOT waived for first year; No foreign transaction fee
- Earn 2 Delta miles per $1 spent on Delta & 1 mile for everything else
- Earn 15,000 regular & elite miles after spending $30,000 and an additional 15,000 regular & elite miles after spending another $30,000 in a calendar year
- Tip: This card could be worth the high fee if you’re looking for Delta club access and medallion (elite) qualifying miles. Otherwise, skip it.
7. Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines World MasterCard
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 in purchases or balance transfers within the 1st 90 days with the Frontier Airlines World MasterCard
- Earn up to 10,000 bonus miles on balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred) in the 1st 90 days
- Earn 2X miles on purchases at FlyFrontier.com and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- No blackout dates. Book any round-trip award flight on Frontier Airlines starting at 20,000 EarlyReturns® miles (plus fees and taxes)
- $69 fee NOT waived for 1st year
8. Hawaiian Airlines
Daraius Tip: How to get the Southwest Companion Pass!
10. United Airlines
Daraius Tip: See the Hot Deals tab for other offers.
11. US Airways
Barclay’s US Airways
- Daraius’ Tip: The best current offer is for 40,000 miles after your 1st purchase, but doesn’t waive the annual fee
- The regular offer of 30,000 US Air miles after 1st purchase
- $89 annual fee NOT waived for the first year; 3% foreign transaction fee
- 5,000 mile discount when you redeem for US Air award travel
- 25,000 miles with the Barclays US Air Business card
- Warning: You may get approved for the lower which offers only 15,000 miles with an annual fee of $49
12. Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
- 20,000 Virgin Atlantic miles after 1st purchase with Bank of America Virgin Atlantic card
- Up to 5,000 additional miles for adding authorized users to your account
- Virgin Atlantic points transfer to Hilton in 3:4 ratio, so 50,000 Virgin Airline miles becomes 75,000 Hilton hotel points
- $90 annual fee NOT waived for the first year; 1% foreign transaction fee
- My review of the Virgin Atlantic credit card
13. Other Airline Card Offers
Missing your favorite offer? Please let me know!