Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Million Mile Secrets reader, Rachel, commented:
The answer is yes!
I’ll tell you why I like Airbnb. And show you some other options for redeeming your Barclaycard Arrival miles!
Airbnb Is a Great Use of Your Barclaycard Arrival Miles!
Link: Barclaycard Arrival Plus
The sign-up bonus has increased on the Barclaycard Arrival Plus! You can now earn 50,000 Barclaycard Arrival miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account. That’s worth ~$525 toward travel purchases, including Airbnb stays!
But, in order to use your miles, you’ll need to redeem for a travel purchase of at least $100. So you can’t use your Barclaycard Arrival miles for a $99 Airbnb stay, for example. But you could use them for a longer stay to cover some (or all!) of the cost.
I’m a big fan of Airbnb for a lot of reasons:
- Airbnb is a cheap alternative to hotels
- There are usually many more Airbnb options than hotel options
- Airbnb lists a lot of fun and unique places to stay, like a KLM airplane!
- Airbnb gives you the opportunity to stay with locals and understand the culture
- There are lots of listings in places where there aren’t chain hotels, like in the countryside
I even booked an apartment with Airbnb when I visited my mom and sister in New York City recently. It was roomy, and much cheaper than what I’d have spent on a hotel suite, or multiple rooms, for the same amount of space.
If you need some inspiration for where to book an Airbnb, check out my post on the 10 biggest Airbnb cities outside the US, and how to save money booking!
Remember, you can use your Barclaycard Arrival miles on a lot more than Airbnb, like:
- Bus passes
- Car rentals
- And many other travel purchases!
Read my post on 10 creative ways to redeem your Barclaycard Arrival miles. And how to choose a good, safe Airbnb.
You can use Barclaycard Arrival Plus miles for a variety of $100+ travel purchases. And that includes Airbnb!
This is a great use of Arrival Plus miles because it’ll allow you to save your Chase Ultimate Rewards points and other flexible points for more valuable travel redemptions.
Do you prefer Airbnb stays over hotels?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 25,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!