Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Interesting news today! Folks on Reddit report getting a survey from Hyatt via email. It asks questions that hint at an upcoming partnership with Amazon to earn bonus Hyatt points. And a few other new options!
I’ll share what we know so far!
What’s Going On?
Check your inbox! Hyatt sent out emails to their loyalty program members to gauge interest in new ways to earn Hyatt points, according to folks on Reddit.
A partnership with Amazon was a central focus of the survey. And there seem to be a few other options under consideration to earn Hyatt points, like:
- Earn 1 Hyatt point per $1 spent on Amazon (with a Prime Membership)
- Get a $25 Amazon gift card after every Hyatt stay
- Free Amazon Fire TV when you stay at Hyatt hotels
- Get a $25 Hyatt gift card after every Hyatt stay
- Get a $50 food and drink credit every time you stay with Hyatt
- Get 2,000 bonus Hyatt points for every Hyatt stay
A partnership with Amazon would be a fantastic way to earn more Hyatt points!
The last option to earn 2,000 Hyatt points per stay is interesting, too. Because you’d have to spend $2,000 at Amazon (at 1 Hyatt point per $1 spent) to earn that many points.
So depending on your travel patterns, you might like 1 choice more than another.
I like that Hyatt is considering new partnerships. And more ways to reward Hyatt stays. More options are always a good thing!
Need More Hyatt Points?
Remember, Hyatt is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards. So you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – Earn 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account
- Chase Ink Plus – Earn 60,000 Ultimate Rewards after spending $5,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account
And when you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Plus or (no longer offered) Chase Ink Bold, you can transfer the points you’ve earned with the Chase Freedom or Chase Ink Cash to partner airlines and hotels.
The Chase Hyatt card also has an offer for 2 free nights at ANY Hyatt hotel when you sign-up and meet the minimum spending requirements of $1,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account. This offer is 1 of the 10 best deals in travel!
They’re also feeling out new ways to reward folks for their Hyatt stays, including dining credits and Hyatt gift cards for each stay.
This would be fantastic news for folks who like to stay at Hyatt hotels, including me!
Did you receive the email from Hyatt? Let me know if you discovered anything else!