Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Here’s another chance to book amazing low fares from Boston and Washington, DC (Baltimore) to Iceland (and beyond) on WOW Air!
Flights to Reykjavik from the US are just $99 1-way. This sale is valid for travel dates from November 1, 2015, to December 15, 2015, and January 10, 2016, to March 10, 2016.
There are deals to other European destinations, with a connection in Reykjavik. Let’s see where you can go!
What’s the Deal?
Link: WOW Air
Link: My Review of WOW Air
Link: My Iceland Trip Report
WOW Air is a low-cost airline based in Iceland. They’re no-frills, but they fly new airplanes and their crews are very friendly!
Flights from Boston and Washington, DC (Baltimore) to Reykjavik start at $99 1-way. But you’ll pay ~$170+ for your return journey, which is still a terrific deal!
You can also get a good deal to other cities in Europe (via Reykjavik):
- Amsterdam – ~$207
- Berlin – ~$207
- Copenhagen – ~$207
- Dublin – ~$199
- London – ~$212
- Paris – ~$207
- Stockholm – ~$210
I had a terrific experience flying WOW Air when I traveled to Iceland earlier this year. The service was fun, the plane was clean and new, and everyone was so friendly.
Keep in mind, WOW Air charges fees for seat selection, large carry-on bags, and checked bags. So this might not be as good a deal if you can’t travel light!
Pay With the Right Credit Card!
Link: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Link: Chase Ink Plus
Link: Citi Prestige Card
Pay with a card that earns bonus points for travel or airfare purchased directly from airlines:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend on travel
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express – 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines, although I’ve found you almost always get the points even if you book through a 3rd party site like Orbitz!
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard – get 2.1% back when you redeem miles for $100+ travel purchases, including airfare
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
What About Hotels?
Check out my post on all the ways to earn Hilton points!
Note: If you’re booking a paid stay, check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
You can fly WOW Air from Boston and Washington, DC (Baltimore), to Reykjavik, Iceland, for $99 1-way. Or head to 7 other cities in Europe for ~$210.
I found a number of reasonably-priced return flights on WOW Air. Or use your miles & points for the trip home!
I don’t think these fares will last long, so book soon if you’re interested. And let me know if you plan a trip!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!