Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
There’s good news! You can still get the increased bonus, along with a $25 statement credit for a $200+ car rental!
Citi says this deal will expire October 31, 2015.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission from this offer, but we’ll always share the best deals with our readers!
I’ll explain the new offer!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Citi Hilton Visa 75,000 Point Offer (New!)
Until October 31, 2015, you’ll earn 75,000 Hilton points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your Citi Hilton Visa account.
Plus, you’ll now get a $25 statement credit when you spend $200+ on an Alamo, Enterprise, or National car rental in the 1st 4 months of account opening.
The statement credit is separate from the sign-up bonus.
If you do choose to spend $200+ on a car rental to earn the $25 statement credit, I suspect it will count toward the $2,000 minimum spending requirement, as long as it’s within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
That said, it’s always a good idea to exceed the minimum spending just in case!
Note: If you were recently approved for the 75,000 point offer (without statement credit), it’s worth calling Citi to ask if they’ll match you to this new offer!
With this card, you’ll also get:
- 6 Hilton points for every $1 you spend at Hilton hotels
- 3 Hilton points for every $1 you spend at supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations
- 2 Hilton points for every $1 you spend on everything else
- Free Hilton Silver elite status (late check-out, 2 free bottles of water, and 15% points bonus on Hilton points earned)
- Free Hilton Gold elite status (free breakfast and internet) after staying 4 times at Hilton in the 1st 3 months or after spending $20,000 on purchases in a calendar year
- 10,000 Hilton points each calendar year you spend $1,000 or more at Hilton hotels
Note: This isn’t a good card for overseas travel, because it charges a 3% foreign transaction fee.
What Can You Do With 75,000 Hilton Points?
You can get LOTS of Big Travel from the Citi Hilton Visa 75,000 point sign-up bonus!
If you prefer luxury travel, you could splurge on a stay at an upscale Hilton hotel, like the Waldorf Astoria New York.
If you’re more frugal-minded, you could stretch the sign-up bonus for up to 20 nights in category 1 Hilton hotels. Or 10 nights in category 2 hotels.
No matter your travel style, you’ll get the 5th night free on Hilton award stays of 5+ nights if you have the Citi Hilton Visa. That’s because it comes with Hilton Silver Elite status!
And if you need more Hilton points, there are plenty of ways to earn them!
Plus, you’ll now get a $25 statement credit when you spend $200+ on an Alamo, Enterprise, or National car rental in the 1st 4 months of opening your account.
This offer expires October 31, 2015. We don’t earn a commission from this card, but Emily and I always tell you about the best deals.
Where would you go with 75,000 Hilton points?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!