Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
WOW Air is at it again! One-way flights from Washington, DC (Baltimore), to Reykjavik, Iceland, are $99 for travel through March 2016!
Update: WOW Air has added $99 1-way fares from Boston to Iceland! And flights from $149 1-way to Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, London, and Paris!
This fare is a great deal if you do NOT check a bag. Because their baggage fees can add up fast!
These fares are a great deal TO Europe. But expect to spend ~$135 and up to fly back, which is still a fantastic price!
What’s the Deal?
Link: WOW Air
Now, there’s another great sale! For $99, you can fly 1-way from Washington, DC (Baltimore) to Reykjavik, Iceland.
The fare is valid until March 2016!
How to Find the Fares
The $99 fares are limited and only available certain days of the week.
To begin, select Washington, DC and Reykjavik as your departure and arrival cities, and click “One Way” AND “Flexible Dates.”
Click through the fare calendar to find the lowest fares.
Click the day you want to depart. The price will display as $99.
If you rent a car, be sure to check out my tips on how to find the best price! And be sure to take a card with chip-and-PIN capability to get gas!
Use the Right Credit Card!
Link: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Link: Chase Ink Plus
Link: Citi ThankYou Premier
Link: Citi Prestige
Pay with a card that earns bonus points for travel or airfare purchased directly from airlines:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend on travel
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold – 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines, although I’ve found you almost always get the points even if you book through a 3rd party site like Orbitz!
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus – get 2.1% back when you redeem miles for $100+ travel purchases, including airfare
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a WOW Air flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending!
Check out my posts on all the ways to earn Hilton points!
Note: Folks who want to book paid stays could check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
If you’re feeling adventurous or want to stay in a more residential area, Airbnb is a great way to save money, especially for longer stays.
WOW Air has 1-way flights from Washington, DC (Baltimore), to Reykjavik, Iceland, for $99. This is a great deal if you can pack light! I’ve flown WOW Air and had a good experience.
Update: WOW Air has added $99 1-way fares from Boston to Iceland! And flights from $149 1-way to Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, London, and Paris.
And fares back start at ~$135, which is still very cheap!
Will you plan to visit to Iceland with these fares?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!