Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Tired of long rental car lines? You can get free National Executive status when you click this link through a desktop browser (mobile devices don’t seem to work).
I’ve written before about getting free Avis First status and National Executive status, but now there’s another way.
Here’s how you can jump the line and get free upgrades.
National Emerald Club Executive Status
When you sign-up through this link, you get a free upgrade to National Emerald Club Executive Status through February 28, 2017.
Signing-up is quick and easy! But you might have to submit the form twice to get it to work!
Note: This will set your expiration date to February 28, 2017, even if your current expiration date is further out.
With National Emerald Club Executive status you get:
- Any rental car from the “Executive Aisle” (full-size or larger)
- Free upgrades
- 1 free rental day with 5 paid rentals
- Pay no 2nd driver fees
If you already have a National account, your account will be upgraded to Executive status.
You can also get free National Emerald Club Executive status if you have the American Express Platinum card.
Match to Hertz Five Star Status
Link: Hertz Five Star status
Hertz Five Star gets you:
- Free upgrades (based on availability)
- 675 Hertz points after every 15 rentals
- 10% bonus Hertz points with each rental
You can get free National Executive status (accessible via desktop computers only) until February 28, 2017.
And it only takes a few minutes!
National Executive status gets you full-size or larger cars, free upgrades, a free rental after every 5 rentals, and no 2nd driver fees.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!