Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Million Mile Secrets reader Trevor commented:
Do I read that correctly? 10% discount when booking with the Chase British Airways Credit Card? Is that for all classes/origins/destinations? Has that always been the case? (about to book a British Airways flight, was going to use my Barclaycard Arrival but rethinking that strategy)
The British Airways Card
Link: British Airways card
The British Airways card offers 50,000 bonus Avios points after spending $2,000 in 3 months.
My favorite perks of the British Airways card are the:
- Travel Together Ticket good for two years on any award ticket after you spend $30,000 in a calendar year. This is a good perk for Big Spenders.
- No foreign transaction fees so you save 3% on charges made outside the US
- Earning 1.25 Avios points per $1 spent
10% Off British Airways Flights
Because Trevor has the British Airways credit card, he can save 10% on all British Airways flights for travel now through December 31, 2013. His departing flight has to leave the US before December 31, 2013 to get the 10% discount. And he can use this discount for different British Airways flights.
He will also earn 2.5 Avios points per $1 spent on British Airways flights with the British Airways card.
He has to book his flight:
- Via this website
- Enter the promotion code, “CARDOFFERU”
- And use his British Airways card to pay for the flight
Interestingly, I was able to go to the regular British Airways website and enter the discount code in the “Promotion Code” box and get the 10% discount. But I don’t know if the discount would be removed if I didn’t pay with the British Airways credit card.
You get a 10% discount for:
- The cost of a ticket INCLUDING taxes & fees
- All classes including coach, premium coach, business and first class
- Up to 8 tickets on the same flight
Keep in mind that the discount is only valid on PAID airline tickets and NOT on award tickets.
Here are the restrictions on the using the 10% discount:
- Tickets must be purchased at www.ba.com/Chase10
- Valid for new bookings by residents of the US residents, paid in US Dollars with a British Airways card
- Travel must begin in the US
- The discount can’t be combined with other offers
- Discount only applies to British Airways flights (flights on partner airlines will not qualify for the discount)
- Discount does not apply to baggage fees, seat assignment fees, rewards fees, or Avios purchase
- Cardholder must travel for discount to be applicable
How To Apply The Discount
Step 1 – Enter Promotional Code
Log in to the British Airways website via this link and search for your flights.
Enter the promotion code, CARDOFFERU, in the promotional field box to get the 10% discount.
Step 2 – Discount Will Be Applied
The 10% discount will be applied and your new total will be shown. The 10% discount is on the TOTAL price of the ticket, so this is a true 10% discount.
Save 10% On 8 Tickets
I was curious to see if I would really get a 10% discount on 8 tickets. I was able to get the 10% discount on 8 tickets.
Discount Only Applies To British Airways Flights
The 10% discount only applies to British Airways flights and does not apply to code shares or other Oneworld Alliance airline flights. If you try to use the discount with a codeshare flight, say, American Airlines or Iberia, you will get an error message.
But if you’re buying a British Airways ticket and have the British Airways credit card, you’re better off using the British Airways card to get the 10% discount. You will also earn 2.5 Avios points per $1 spent on the British Airways flights.
Trevor can get 10% off any British Airways flight that departs from the US to any destination that British Airways flies when he uses the promotional code and pays with his British Airways card for travel on British Airways (the flight has to depart from the US by December 31, 2013, but can return later)
This discount is particularly useful for flights to India or the Middle East where British Airways usually has competitive prices. But always check to see what ticket prices are on other airlines because they could be cheaper than a 10% discount on a British Airways flight.