Easily See Visa and Passport Requirements for Every Country With This Free Tool
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
When I was in Helsinki, Finland, I wanted to take the 4.5 hour ride to visit stunning St. Petersburg, Russia. But Americans can’t just roll in there. You need a special travel visa along with your passport unless you take a certain guided ferry cruise. I wish I would’ve prepared by knowing about the easy-to-use free tool I’m going to share with you.
One thing I do always get right while traveling abroad is avoiding rip-off foreign transaction fees that some credit cards hit you with. These cards play nice and don’t charge that junk fee:
- I use my Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card everywhere and get 2x points on travel and dining
- Another good pick is the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card has no annual fee and no international fees
The information for the Wells Fargo Propel has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Visa and Passport Requirements for Every Country
VisaList is fun to use and shows you information like
- how long you’re allowed to stay in that country
- whether or not you’re allowed to extend your stay
- whether you need no visa at all, an e-visa, or pay for a visa
- links to online visa forms to fill out
- passport rules for getting into the country
I like VisaList but there’s an alternative you might want to check out. IATA TravelCentre provides similar information for free.
Get Our Free Newsletter for More Useful Travel Tips!
Each day we’ll email you our travel newsletter so you never miss out on stuff that will help you travel faster, cheaper, and more conveniently:
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)