We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
To make sure you never miss valuable miles & points news and promos, sign up for our email newsletter!
Like the rare phenomenon among celestial bodies, a few great travel promotions will occasionally align. And give us miles & points enthusiasts incredible value.
Avianca is a member of Star Alliance, so you can use their miles on partner airlines, like United Airlines and Singapore Airlines, to go nearly anywhere. And if you stack 2 of its current points promotions, you can fly in a lie-flat seat to several Asian destinations for thousands of dollars less than the cash price!
I’ll outline the 2 deals to help you save big.
Discounted Avianca Award Flights
Avianca award flights are already often cheaper than other Star Alliance airlines. And right now there’s a great sale to drop the price even further. For example, you can book award flights between:
- New York (JFK) and Seoul or Beijing for 72,000 miles one-way in First Class (18,000 mile discount)
- San Francisco and Taipei for 60,000 miles one-way in Business Class (15,000 mile discount)
- Los Angeles and Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, or Seoul for 60,000 miles one-way in Business Class (15,000 mile discount)
- Chicago and Singapore for 74,000 miles one-way in Business Class (4,000 mile discount)
- Los Angeles and Singapore for 67,000 miles one-way in Business Class (11,000 mile discount)
You can check out the full list of discounts here. You’ll have to redeem your miles by September 18, 2018, to get this sale price. And remember, these discounts are only valid for Star Alliance partner airline awards.
Huge Sale on Avianca Miles
If you don’t have enough Avianca miles to book these flights, now’s your chance to stock up for cheap!
You can buy miles for as little as ~1.375 cents each with the current Avianca & One Mile at a Time purchase promotion. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Buy 1,000 to 50,000: 115% bonus, or ~1.535 US cents per mile
- Buy 51,000 to 100,000: 130% bonus, or ~1.435 US cents per mile
- Buy 101,000 to 200,000: 140% bonus, or ~1.375 US cents per mile
That’s a big bonus! But it ends September 18, 2018. And the miles are worth even more with the current award sale.
So for example, if you and a travel buddy want to fly round-trip in First Class between New York and Beijing, you will need 288,000 Avianca miles (72,000 Avianca miles each way X 4). You could earn enough miles by purchasing 120,000 Avianca miles for $3,960, and receive a bonus 168,000 miles. That’s quite a chunk of change, but round-trip First Class flights generally cost between $4,000 and $12,000. So you can save thousands and thousands by stacking these 2 deals.
Note: You’ll need to pay ~$70 each way in taxes & fees.
You can find the bonus miles promotion here.
For folks who want to try Business or First Class at a discount, these 2 Avianca promotions are a great opportunity for you. You can buy miles with a 140% bonus and book fancy award seats to Asia for a 20% discount through September 18, 2018.
Let us know if you jump on these deals for ultra discounted Business and First Class!