Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Anytime there is a Southwest sale it’s a great time to potentially rebook flights at lower rate. Through Dec. 5th 2019 Southwest is having a sale with one-way mainland flights starting at $29 or 1,066 Southwest points + $5.60 in taxes and interisland Hawaiian flights for only $39 or 2,105 points plus $5.60 in taxes.
There are many flights available for less than the price listed on the Southwest sale page, so be sure to do a little sleuthing for yourself.
End date: Dec. 5th 2019, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time
Travel dates: Continental U.S. travel valid Dec. 16th 2019 through May 20th 2020. Interisland Hawaiian flights valid Jan. 7th 2019 through May 20th 2020. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid Jan. 13th 2020 through Mar. 5th 2020 and April 14th through May 14th 2020. International travel valid Jan. 7th through Mar. 5th 2020 and April 14th through May 14th 2020.
Interesting one-way routes include:
- Atlanta to Greenville/Spartanburg, SC or Nashville for $49
- Atlanta to Memphis for $77
- Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman for $86
- Fort Lauderdale to Belize for $103
- Fort Lauderdale to Turks and Caicos for $79
- Los Angeles to Las Vegas for $29
- Las Vegas to San Jose or Long Beach for $59
- San Diego to Sacramento for $54
- Intersland Hawaii flights from $39
Sale link: Southwest sale
It’s a good idea to book your Southwest tickets as far in advance as possible. If your plans change (or the price of your ticket drops), you can change or cancel your flight without paying extra fees.
You can find the details of the sale here. This is also a great opportunity to book Southwest flights with points because the award price is tied to the cash price.
If you’re short on Southwest points there are plenty of rewards credit cards you can use to collect Southwest points. You can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest at a 1:1 ratio. Or you could earn Southwest points by opening any of these Southwest cards and once you earn the sign-up bonus you’ll be ready for the next sale:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
The best part about earning a Southwest Airlines credit card bonus is that it counts toward earning a Southwest Companion Pass, which is one of the best ways to use Southwest points. And Southwest points don’t expire so you can earn points now and use them anytime.
|For more travel and credit card news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|
Featured photo by VIAVAL/Shutterstock.