Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
And now, via BGR, we have more details on the discounts you can expect to find!
What’s Amazon Prime Membership?
Amazon Prime members get free 2-day shipping on certain items. Plus, other perks such as:
- Free streaming of select music, movies, and TV shows
- Free cloud storage for your photos
- Borrow select Kindle books for free
Membership costs $99 per year and $49 per year for students.
Deals You Can Get on Prime Day!
Here’s a look at some of the ways you can save starting tomorrow, at 12:00 am Pacific Time:
- Fire TV Stick – $15 off
- Kindle – $30 off
- Fire HD 7 – $60 off
- Fire HD 7 Kids Edition – $60 off
- Chromebook laptop – $199
- 32-inch LED TV – $75
- 40-inch 1080p LED TV – $115
- Brand-name 32-inch Smart HDTV – Under $200
- 50-inch 4K TV bundle – under $1,000
- Bose headphones – Lowest price ever on Amazon
- Nikon COOLPIX cameras – Over 50% off
- Highly rated binoculars – Under $120
- Two security camera-kits – ~$280
- K’NEX 2-in-1 Ferris Wheel Building Set (Amazon Exclusive) – ~$36
- K’NEX Crossfire Chaos Roller Coaster Building Set (Amazon Exclusive) – ~$24
- Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure (Amazon Exclusive), ~$10 (currently ~$15)
- iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot – Under $300
- Husqvarna mower – Under $300
- DVDs – 40 lightening deals up to 75% off
- Any Harry Potter books – Up to 50% off
- Divergent Series complete box set of books – Save more than 70%
- Kitchen products from top brands like Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Foodsaver and Thermos – Save up to 70%
- Select tools for the DIY auto enthusiast -Save up to 50%
- Connected car and scan tool products – Starting at 60% off
- Road-trip-ready automotive products – Starting at 50% off
- Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain – Save more than 50%
- Select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches & more – 30% off
- Amazon Elements Baby Wipes – 60% off with promotional code “ELEMENTS60”
- Free luxury beauty sample box with $50 purchase of luxury beauty products, with promotional code “LUXSAMPLES”
- Buy an Amazon.com Gift Card multipack, get $10 in Amazon.com promotional credit
- Buy 5,000 or 10,000 Amazon Coins, get 25% bonus Amazon Coins
- Prime Now deals where service is available
And check out my list of ways you can save even more on Prime Day.
For example, you can earn up to 6.6% cash back in some Amazon categories when you shop through TopCashBack!
Are These Good Deals?
While this list gives us a better idea of the savings you’ll get tomorrow, for the most part it’s still not very specific.
Retailers sometimes inflate prices to make discounts appear better than they really are. For example, if a sweater usually costs $10 and a store increases the price to $20 with a 50% discount, you’ll pay the same amount you did before the sale.
So I recommend you compare prices before you buy! Also make sure you’re aware of Amazon’s return policies, which vary based on the type of product you purchase.
Amazon Prime Day starts tomorrow, July 15, 2015, at 12:00 am Pacific Time. During this sale Amazon will have discounts on thousands of items ranging from toys and clothing to electronics.
The list gives us a much better idea of the products that will be on sale. However, it’s still unclear how much you can actually save on most sale items. So be sure to compare prices and know the return policies before you buy!
Prime Day is only open to Amazon Prime members, but there’s still time to sign-up for a membership!
Let us know about any great deals you find!