Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
- Do you love sharing your knowledge of the miles and points hobby with others? Or are you the go-to person among your friends and family for all things travel related?
We’re looking for 2 to 4 freelance writers who can commit to ~6 hours a week of writing (you can work from anywhere!). And possibly more if we like your work.
I’ll share more about the position and how to apply!
Apply to Be a Freelance Writer at Million Mile Secrets
We have a terrific team here at Million Mile Secrets, and we’re continuing to grow! So we’re looking for part-time writers who can commit to ~6 hours per week. You’ll be paid hourly, and will write reader question posts and posts explaining how to earn and redeem miles and points.
1. Who We’re Looking For
If you love Big Travel with Small Money and want to share your passion, here’s what we’re looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Strong writing skills and the ability to match your voice and tone to the Million Mile Secrets style
- Good knowledge of airline, hotel, and bank programs
- Personal experience earning and redeeming miles and points (expert award bookers are especially welcome to apply!)
- Ability to meet deadlines and make edits in a timely manner
- Positive, fun attitude and desire to work with a sometimes-quirky team 🙂
You can work from anywhere, as long as you can meet deadlines and be responsive to edits and emails. And if we like your work, there may be opportunities for more hours in the future.
2. How to Apply
Link: Email Your Application
If you’re interested in the position, we’d love to see a sample of your writing and get to know a little bit about you. So please write a ~500 word post in a Word document answering the following reader question:
My partner and I each just earned the sign-up bonus from the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card. We’re hoping to use our combined points to book a dream trip to Hawaii! What’s the best way to redeem our points for the trip?
Try your best to match the Million Mile Secrets reader question style and include headers, images, and captions where appropriate. Remember, we’re looking for a friendly, conversational tone to help folks who are new to our hobby. You can check out examples of reader question posts here.
Please send us your post in an email with the subject line “Freelance Writer Application – Your First Name Your Last Name“. And include the following:
- Your name and location
- A few sentences introducing yourself – like how long you’ve been involved in the miles & points hobby, your favorite redemption, a bucket-list trip – anything to help us get to know you better
- Your sample post in a Word document
The application deadline is March 1, 2018.
Come write for Million Mile Secrets! We’re hiring 2 to 4 freelance writers to write posts for ~6 hours a week.
If you’re passionate about miles and points and love sharing your knowledge with others, email us your application and include a sample post (instructions above) and a few sentences to help us get to know you.
And if you know someone else who might be interested, please share this post with them.
The application deadline is March 1, 2018. We’re looking forward from hearing from y’all!