Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
You can save money on your weekend entertainment if you’ve got the right credit card!
1. United Airlines Cardholders: Save 20% on United Airlines Awards to Popular Vacation Destinations
If you have any 1 of United Airlines credit cards, like the United℠ Explorer Card or United Explorer Business Card, you qualify for United Airlines’ latest award sale to spots including Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Folks flying from the US (excluding Hawaii) and Canada can get in on the deal, but you must book your tickets by August 10, 2018. The discounted award tickets are valid for travel from August 20, 2018, through December 13, 2018. And the discount is only good for round-trip coach tickets.
Here are the award prices with the 20% discount:
- Hawaii – 36,000 United Airlines miles (normally 45,000 miles)
- Mexico – 28,000 United Airlines miles (normally 35,000 miles)
- The Caribbean – 28,000 United Airlines miles (normally 35,000 miles)
This is a great opportunity to plan a trip to a tropical destination if you’re trying to escape during the cold winter months.
I hold the United Explorer Business card and continue to keep the card year after year because it offers me access to more award seats. I’m definitely going to see if I can squeeze in a trip to Hawaii before the year ends!
2. This Weekend: Free Access to Museums, Zoos, Aquariums, & More for Bank of America Cardholders
Looking for something fun and educational to do this weekend?
If you have a Bank of America (or Merrill Lynch) debit or credit card, you can get free admission at 175+ participating museums and cultural centers on the first full weekend of each month.
Just show your card at the door along with a photo ID, and you’re in!
Qualifying cards include (but not limited to):
- Bank of America Alaska Airlines (Personal)
- Bank of America Alaska Airlines (Business)
- Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Free entry is only good for the primary cardholder. So if you’re visiting with friends or family, they’ll need to have their own Bank of America card or pay full price.
Note: “Free admission” does not necessarily mean you’ll have access to the entire space. Some museums, zoos, etc., charge extra for special exhibits.