We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
The bonus is tiered, and your status with American Airlines and the type of membership you choose will dictate how many bonus miles you’ll earn.
This deal could make sense if you like earning American Airlines miles and were considering a Sam’s Club membership. Especially if you have elite status with American Airlines!
I’ll explain the details of this offer. And help you decide whether it makes sense for you.
Earn Bonus American Airlines Miles for Joining Sam’s Club
With this deal, you can earn up to 5,000 bonus American Airlines miles for buying a new Sam’s Club membership.
Depending on your status with American Airlines and which type of Sam’s Club membership you buy, you’ll earn:
1. Sam’s Club Savings or Business Membership ($45)
- Regular American Airlines frequent flyer members earn 1,500 bonus American Airlines miles
- American Airlines Gold & Platinum Elites earn 2,000 bonus American Airlines miles
- American Airlines Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum, and Concierge Key Elites earn 2,500 bonus American Airlines miles
2. Sam’s Club Plus Membership ($100)
- Regular American Airlines frequent flyer members earn 3,000 bonus American Airlines miles
- American Airlines Gold & Platinum Elites earn 4,000 bonus American Airlines miles
- American Airlines Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum, and Concierge Key Elites earn 5,000 bonus American Airlines miles
Taking advantage of this deal is easy. Just enter your American Airlines frequent flyer number on the promotion page and you’ll be directed to sign-up for your Sam’s Club membership.
Just remember, the deal is NOT valid for existing Sam’s Club members.
The bonus miles should post to your account in 6 to 8 weeks. But we don’t know how long this offer will last, so sign-up now if you’re interested!
Is It Worth It?
This deal is especially good for folks with American Airlines elite status. Because the higher your status the more bonus miles you’ll earn.
Even if you don’t have elite status with American Airlines, if you’re in the market for a Sam’s Club membership and like earning American Airlines miles, getting a few bonus miles is better than nothing! But I wouldn’t go out of my way to take advantage of the offer. 😉
Other Ways to Earn American Airlines Miles
There are plenty of other ways to collect American Airlines miles quickly. For example, with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® or the personal or business AMEX Starwood cards.
And if you’re considering a membership at a warehouse club, check out this post about how to save on a Costco membership!
The number of bonus miles you earn depends on your American Airlines status and the type of Sam’s Club membership you buy. For example, if you have American Airlines Gold Elite status and sign-up for a Sam’s Club Plus membership, you’ll earn 4,000 bonus American Airlines miles.
But we don’t know when this deal will end, so I’d suggest getting your membership sooner rather than later if you’re interested!