Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Happy Friday! If you’re thinking about going to see a movie tonight, remember when you buy 1 ticket you can get the 2nd ticket free with your Visa Signature card.
This deal is good each Friday through August 21, 2015.
Find out how to get your free ticket.
Buy 1, Get 1 Free Movie Tickets
When you buy 1 movie ticket to a Friday showing on Fandango and pay with your Visa Signature card (I’ll explain how to tell if you already have 1), you’ll get the 2nd ticket free.
Here’s how it works:
- On Friday add 2 movie tickets to a Friday showing to your cart on Fandango (using this link only)
- Check-out and pay with your Visa Signature card (it says “Signature” under the Visa emblem)
- The lowest-priced ticket (up to $19.50) will be free
And folks who have a Chase Visa Signature card, can purchase their tickets for Friday showings on Wednesday, Thursday, or Fridays. This could help you get a jump on new releases that might sell out by Friday.
Other Important Terms
- Offer only good while supplies last
- Limit of 1 free ticket per card, every 30 days
- Limit of 1 registration per email address (regardless of card number) per 7 day period
- Can NOT be combined with other coupons or discounts
If you have more than 1 Visa Signature card and email address it’s easy to get a free movie ticket more than once.
Do You Have a Visa Signature Card?
You can tell if you have a Visa Signature card by checking to see if “Signature” is printed under the VISA emblem.
Here’s a list of a few cards that qualify:
More Ways to Save on Your Next Trip to the Movies
Office supply stores like Staples and certain grocery stores carry gift cards to movie theaters AMC Theaters, Fandango, and Regal Cinemas.
You can earn bonus points or cash back by purchasing these gift cards with credit cards like:
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at US supermarkets up to $6,000 per year; then 1%. Terms apply.
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores. Terms apply.
- Chase Ink Bold (no longer available, Chase Ink Cash, Chase Ink Plus – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points at office supply stores
You can get 1 Friday movie ticket free (up to $19.50) when you buy 1 (with this link only) on Fandango with your Visa Signature card. This deal is good on Fridays through August 21, 2015.
However, folks who use their Chase Visa Signature card can purchase their tickets to a Friday showing on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.