We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
And now, folks have reported receiving offers on other cards too! Including cards issued by Chase, like the Chase IHG and Chase Hyatt card. And a different (but great!) offer on the Barclaycard JetBlue Plus card.
So it’s worth checking your email, spam, and snail mail to see if you qualify for any of these deals.
Most of these offers are 2nd quarter promotions, so the spending requirement will likely run from April 1, 2017, through June 30, 2017. And most of the offers require activating your card, but there are a few exceptions!
I’ll share more about these targeted offers. And help you decide whether they make sense for you.
Credit Card Spending Bonuses
Million Mile Secrets readers and commenters on Reddit have reported getting a number of different spending bonus offers for various credit cards. So check your email and snail mail to see if you’ve been targeted!
Let’s take a look at the offers other folks have received:
- 10,000 bonus JetBlue points when you spend $750+ in new purchases each month in April, May, and June 2017, with your JetBlue Plus card
- 4,000 Hyatt points for spending at least $4,000 with the Chase Hyatt card, between April 1, 2017, and June 30, 2017.
- You can earn up to 3,000 bonus IHG points with the Chase IHG card. You’ll get 600 bonus IHG points for every $750 you spend on the card per month, between April 1, 2017, and August 31, 2017.
- 2,500 bonus Lufthansa miles after spending $1,250 at grocery stores, home improvement stores, and restaurants, between April 1, 2017, and June 30, 2017, with the Barclaycard Lufthansa card.
- $25 statement credit for making three $25 PayPal payments using your US Bank Club Carlson card between March 29, 2017, and May 31, 2017
- And don’t forget about the Barclaycard targeted spending bonuses I wrote about yesterday!
Are These Offers Worth It?
It’s up to you to decide what’s best for your particular situation. But some of these offers are clearly better than others.
For example, earning 10,000 bonus JetBlue points for spending $2,250+ ($750 per month for 3 months) on purchases with your JetBlue Plus card is a good deal.
JetBlue points are worth ~1.4 cents each, so 10,000 JetBlue points are worth ~$140 in JetBlue airfare (10,000 JetBlue points x 1.4 cents per point)!
That said, you might have other cards that earn more valuable or flexible points. And if you’re trying to meet minimum spending requirements on a new card, I’d focus on that, instead of trying to chase a few bonus miles & points with these offers.
Were any of your credit cards targeted? Let me know in the comments!