We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. Get Free Miles With American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Southwest, & More!
Via Reddit, you can earn miles or points with lots of different airlines for free when you sign-up for a Quickbooks Pro trial membership. You’ll get a 1-month trial for free.
Some folks say you don’t have to enter credit card details. But it asked me for mine, so don’t forget to cancel before the trial is up if you don’t want Quickbooks Pro.
I wrote about this deal to get free Southwest points. But there are other airlines participating!
You can earn:
- 700 Alaska Airlines miles
- 850 American Airlines miles
- 700 Southwest points
- 500 United Airlines miles
2. Get 500 Free Points When You Join Virgin America’s Loyalty Program
And, you’ll get 500 bonus points for up to 5 friends you refer to sign-up – up to 2,500 points!
If you want more Virgin America points, you can transfer your AMEX Membership Rewards points to Virgin America. And through March 10, 2016, you’ll get a 50% bonus on the points you transfer. That can help you visit Hawaii or Australia even quicker!
3. Qantas Flights Will Have Free Wi-Fi Next Year
Starting early 2017, Qantas will install high-speed Wi-Fi on its planes.
They say it’ll be as fast as what you’re used to on the ground. That means you can stream movies, post photos to your Instagram, and maybe even make video calls…all while flying!
Some airlines, like JetBlue, Norwegian, and Emirates, already offer free in-flight Wi-Fi.
If there’s paid Wi-Fi on your plane, here’s my guide on how to cover the cost.
4. Get an Apple Gift Card for Your Old iPhone
Did you upgrade your iPhone (or get a new 1 as a sign-up bonus) and don’t know what to do with your old device?
- $100 Apple gift card for an Apple iPhone 4 or 4S
- $200 Apple gift card for an Apple iPhone 5, 5C, or 5S
- $300 Apple gift card for an Apple iPhone 6
- $350 Apple gift card for an Apple iPhone 6S
There’s a limit of 2 gift cards per person per year. And the old iPhone has to be in good condition.
If you shop online, you can often get bonus miles or points from clicking through a shopping portal, even if you pay with a gift card!
Speaking of gift cards, this Saturday, February 27, 2016, is the last day to win $1,000 in Visa gift cards from us! Good luck!