News You Can Use – Earn 3X JetBlue Points, 2X American Airlines Miles at Hilton Hotels, Marriott Tests New Rewards Program, Use AT&T in Canada & Mexico
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
1. Earn 3X JetBlue Bonus Points in June
You can earn at least 3X JetBlue bonus points for paid flights in June if you book by May 25, 2016.
You’ll need to register for the promotion before booking.
If you recently used your Southwest Companion Pass to get matched to JetBlue Mosaic, you’ll earn even more JetBlue points on the base fare.
Paying for JetBlue airfare with the Barclaycard JetBlue card, JetBlue Plus, or JetBlue Business to earn additional bonus points makes this promotion richer.
Here’s my review of the 3 new JetBlue cards.
2. Earn 2 American Airlines Miles per Dollar Spent at Hilton Hotels
Making internet purchases through a shopping portal can be an easy way to earn miles.
And right now, One Mile at a Time reports you can earn 2 American Airlines miles per $1 spent at Hilton Hotels when you book through the American Airlines Shopping Portal.
The American Airlines miles are in addition to the Hilton points you’ll receive for your stay.
You’ll have to book directly through Hilton (via the shopping portal). And, you can NOT use a discount code when paying for the hotel.
That said, if you can find a cheaper rate on a 3rd-party site (like Orbitz), you’ll want to do the math to see if booking a more expensive room through Hilton is worth the extra American Airlines miles.
3. Marriott Tests New Rewards Program
Via View From the Wing, Marriott is testing a rewards program for non-hotel guests to earn 10 points per dollar spent on food and beverages at certain Marriott hotels.
The program runs through June at the following hotels in Baltimore and Washington, DC:
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
- Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
- Bethesda Marriott
- Bethesda Marriott Suites
- Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
- Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
- Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
- Greenbelt Marriott
- JW Marriott Washington, DC
- Key Bridge Marriott
- Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
- Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
- Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
- Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
- Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
- The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Tysons Corner Marriott
- Washington Marriott Georgetown
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park
To receive the points, you’ll need to enter a code from the receipt on the Marriott Rewards website.
4. AT&T Users Get Calls, Texts, and Data While in Canada & Mexico
AT&T now offers unlimited calling, texting, and data while in Canada and Mexico.Only certain AT&T plans are eligible. And you’ll need to activate a free roaming feature on your phone.
You’ll want to check with AT&T before traveling to these countries to make sure you won’t be charged.
Check out my posts on how to stay connected and make international calls when you’re abroad!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)
Join the Discussion!