Say Hello to 28 New Flights – Including Exciting International Routes You Can Book Using Chase Ultimate Rewards Points!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
We put together a roundup of new flight routes and routes that are being terminated. New routes mean more ways to use miles & points to cross off destinations of your travel bucket list!
Be sure to check out our guides to earning and redeeming specific types of airline miles to learn how you save money booking these new routes!
Here’s a look at new routes! Keep in mind, certain routes are seasonal.
1. British Airways
- Charleston, South Carolina to London starting April 4, 2019
- Boston to Edinburgh starting May 23, 2019
- Minneapolis to Shanghai in June 2020 (subject to government approval)
3. Singapore Airlines
- Seattle to Singapore starting September 3, 2019
Singapore Airlines is a transfer partner of all 4 major flexible points programs. So this new route is super exciting if you collect AMEX Membership Rewards points, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou points, or Marriott points.
4. Turkish Airlines
- Newark to Istanbul starting August 2019
Don’t forget, Turkish Airlines is a Citi ThankYou airline transfer partner. You can transfer Citi ThankYou Points to the airline at a 1:1 ratio, in 1,000 point increments.
5. United Airlines
United is adding 22 new domestic routes in 2019! Here are a few of the exciting additions:
- Chicago to Hilton Head starting April 6, 2019
- Los Angeles to Eugene starting March 31, 2019
- Los Angeles to Madison starting March 31, 2019
- Los Angeles to Pasco starting March 31, 2019
- Newark to Hilton Head starting April 6, 2019
- Newark to Pensacola starting June 6, 2019
- San Francisco to Columbus starting June 6, 2019
- Washington Dulles to Ashville starting February 14, 2019
- Washington Dulles to Elmira starting March 31, 2019
- Washington Dulles to Hilton Head starting March 31, 2019
- Washington Dulles to Lexington starting February 14, 2019
You can see a full list of new routes here.
Remember, if you collect Chase Ultimate Rewards points from cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, you can move points to United Airlines at a 1:1 ratio. And transfers are usually instant! United Airlines is my favorite Chase transfer partner!
6. WOW Air
- Vancouver to Reykjavik starting June 6, 2019
These Flights Are Going Away!
- Orange County to New York (JFK) ending June 5, 2019
- Cincinnati to Milwaukee ending November 25, 2018
- Cincinnati to Nashville already dropped on September 28, 2018
- Detroit to Akron/Canton ending November 26, 2018
- Detroit to Peoria ending November 26, 2018
- Los Angeles to Oakland already dropped September 30, 2018
- Minneapolis to Bloomington ending November 26, 2018
- Minneapolis to Flint ending November 25, 2018
- Minneapolis to West Palm Beach ending January 2, 2019
- New York (JFK) to Bangor ending November 25, 2018
2. WOW Air
- Cincinnati to Reykjavik ended October 2018
- Cleveland to Reykjavik ended October 2018
- St. Louis to Reykjavik ending January 7, 2019
3. Norwegian Air
- US to Belfast
- US to Edinburgh
Which new route are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)