We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
My favorite rental car company by far is National. Mostly because of the convenience that comes with their loyalty program.
When you sign-up for Emerald Club, you don’t even have to wait in line at a service desk! You walk directly into the lot and choose the car you want. It’s also very easy to earn elite status just by having certain credit cards.
National is currently offering Executive Elite Status to folks with American Express credit cards. That comes with benefits like big guaranteed upgrades, faster free rental days, and private airport delivery. Plus, you’ll earn 1 free day after you rent once with your AMEX card.
Executive Elite status is National’s top tier status that you normally would earn after 25 paid rentals or 85 paid days per calendar year. So the fact that you can earn it simply by holding an AMEX card is a fantastic deal!
Here are the details:
- Earn 5 credits (enough for a free rental day) after enrolling here by January 31, 2019 and renting once with any AMEX card
- Rental day offer valid at participating locations in the US, Canada, Australia, Latin America, Caribbean, and Europe
- Executive Elite members can reserve any car class (NOT trucks)
- Rental day expires December 31 of the calendar year following the year the credits were earned
- Executive Elite status will expire February 28, 2020
- Valid for new members only enrolled through this promo between September 16, 2018, and January 31, 2019
You can see the full Terms & Conditions here.
I’m almost always able to rent a Chevy Camaro for the price of a midsize car with my Executive status. But with Executive Elite status, I’d be able to rent a tier higher for the price of a midsize!
To make sure you never miss valuable miles & points news and promos, sign up for our email newsletter!