Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Do you have upcoming plans that involve renting a car?
If so, you should already be renting with National (in my opinion). When you sign-up for their loyalty program, you can reserve great full-size cars for the price of a midsize. You don’t even have to wait in line at a service desk! You walk directly into the lot and choose the car you want.
National also has the BEST recurring promotion that lets you earn a free rental day after every 2 qualifying rentals. Here’s how it works!
National One Two Free Promotion
To earn a free rental day with National, you need to earn 600 points.
With National’s One Two Free promotion, each paid rental of a mid-size (or larger) vehicle that lasts 2+ days will earn 300 points. So when you make 2 qualifying reservations, you’ll get a free rental day!
The promotion ends February 28, 2019. And the free days you earn expire on June 13, 2019.
Plus, you can earn free rentals even quicker when you use National’s refreshed mobile app during the promotion period. They’ve added even more ways to score bonus points than the last promo! Here’s what you’ll earn:
- 75 bonus points per rental when you book through National’s mobile app (you can earn this bonus an unlimited amount of times)
- 50 bonus points for using the Emerald Checkout through the most current version of the National app for rentals at participating locations in the US and Canada (you can earn this bonus an unlimited amount of times)
- 100 bonus points when you complete 3 qualifying rentals
- 300 bonus points when you add Sirius XM Satellite Radio to your rental
- 300 bonus points when you rent any vehicle in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 75 bonus points after completing any five bonus opportunities available through “One Two Free”
- 300 bonus points for renting any vehicle in Europe
- 300 bonus points for completing rentals in 3 different countries
- 25 bonus points for using Emerald Reserve service, which accommodates members who require a specific car class, such as a convertible, SUV, minivan, etc. – at participating Emerald Aisle locations in the U.S. and Canada
You’ll need to register for this promotion here. You can use a maximum of 3 certificates per rental.
This is a great promotion to accrue free rental days you can hoard for super expensive cities later. The best strategy is to pay for all your cheap rentals, and use your free days for when you just can’t find a good deal. This is especially handy for one-way rentals, which tend to cost exponentially more than a round-trip.
Note: You’ll save even more money (potentially $15+ per day!) on your car rentals if you use a card that comes with primary rental car coverage. That way you don’t have to buy the rental agency’s insurance! I recommend using the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. It saved me thousands when I scraped my rental car a couple years ago.
Let us know if you register!