Love the Caribbean? This JetBlue 30% Transfer Bonus Is for You!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Good news for folks who fly JetBlue!
Via One Mile at a Time, you can get bonus JetBlue points for transferring Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue!
Through May 19, 2018, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, you’ll get 30% more JetBlue points when you transfer Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue.
I’ll give you the details.
Citi ThankYou Points Are Worth 30% More With JetBlue (for a Limited Time!)
Link: Transfer Citi ThankYou Points
Million Mile Secrets readers love JetBlue, because you get things like free Wi-Fi, extra legroom, and live TV during your flight! So I’m always glad to see a JetBlue promotion.
JetBlue flies to lots of fun cities and several beautiful destinations south of the border! Including Aruba, Bogota, and Cancun.
You’ll get a 30% bonus when you transfer Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue by May 19, 2018, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. That isn’t an astounding deal, and we’ve seen better transfer bonuses in the past. But it could make sense for some.
The normal transfer ratio depends on which Citi card you have:
- Citi ThankYou Preferred – 1,000 Citi ThankYou points = 500 JetBlue points
- Citi ThankYou Premier and Citi Prestige – 1,000 Citi ThankYou points = 800 JetBlue points
But with a 30% transfer bonus, you’ll get an improved transfer ratio:
- Citi ThankYou Preferred – 1,000 Citi ThankYou points = 650 JetBlue points
- Citi ThankYou Premier and Citi Prestige – 1,000 Citi ThankYou points = 1040 JetBlue points
JetBlue points are generally worth ~1.4 cents each toward JetBlue flights.
So if you transferred 1,000 Citi ThankYou points with this promotion, depending on the card you have, you’d get:
- Citi ThankYou Preferred – 650 JetBlue points = ~$9.10 in JetBlue flights
- Citi ThankYou Premier and Citi Prestige – 1,040 JetBlue points = ~$14.56 in JetBlue flights
That’s a better value than you can get for your points by purchasing airfare through the Citi ThankYou Travel Portal, where you get a value of 1.25 cents per Citi ThankYou point.
But there are other more valuable airline partners you can transfer your ThankYou points to for even more savings. Like Singapore Airlines and Flying Blue (the loyalty program of Air France and KLM).
Want More JetBlue Points?
The easiest way to earn JetBlue points in a hurry is to open JetBlue credit cards, like:
- Barclaycard JetBlue Card – Limited-time 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Plus Card – 40,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Small Business Card – 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
Note: Barclaycard does NOT usually approve folks for more than a couple cards each year. So make sure there are no other Barclaycard credit cards you’d rather have.
And remember, you can pool JetBlue points with your family!
Through May 19, 2018, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, you’ll earn a 30% bonus when you transfer Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue.
I don’t usually recommend transferring Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue unless you have a specific flight in mind. But with this promotion, you’ll get a better value from your points than you would by booking paid flights with Citi ThankYou points directly through the Citi ThankYou Travel Portal.
Let me know if you jump on this deal!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)
Join the Discussion!