Increased Bonus Alert! 50,000 American Airlines Miles After 1 Purchase
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you’re in the market for some American Airlines miles, you’ll be happy to hear the Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® has a new offer! You’ll now earn 50,000 American Airlines miles after making a purchase within the first 90 days of account opening.
This is as high I remember seeing the offer for this card, and it’s a great deal if you can it get because the minimum spending requirement is so low.
We don’t earn a commission on this card, but we’ll always share the best public offers with you.
Here are the card’s details.
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Business Card
Link: Barclays American Airlines Aviator Business Card
The welcome bonus of 50,000 American Airlines miles is the highest I can remember seeing on this card (although the personal version has been higher). You’ll need to have some sort of a for-profit business to qualify for this card.
But that might be easier than you think! That’s because it doesn’t have to be a full-time business. It could be a freelance side gig, or even a small business you’re just starting. And if you’re a sole proprietor, you’ll be able to apply using your social security number as your business tax ID.
The Barclays American Airlines Aviator Business card also comes with:
- 2 American Airlines miles per $1 spent with American Airlines, and at office supply, telecom, and car rental merchants
- 1 American Airlines miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 5% American Airlines mile bonus on your account anniversary (based on the number of miles you’ve earned the previous year)
- First checked bag free for you and up to 4 companions on American Airlines domestic itineraries
- $99 (+ taxes & fees) companion fare each year after spending $30,000 each cardmember year
- 25% off food and beverage in-flight purchases with American Airlines
- $3,000 elite qualifying dollars after spending $25,000 on purchases each calendar year
- Preferred boarding for you and up to 4 companions on American Airlines domestic itineraries
- NO foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived the first year
Is This a Good Deal?
I know we all like to grumble about how hard American Airlines saver-level awards can be to find. But I think this is a pretty good deal. With a minimum spending requirement of just a single purchase, you’ll be hard pressed to find an easier way to earn 50,000 miles with any airline!
And 50,000 American Airlines miles is enough for 2 round-trip award tickets to Mexico, Caribbean, or Central America during off-peak dates (September 7 to November 14, and April 27 to May 20).
Plus, with this card you’ll have access to American Airlines reduced mileage awards!
Personally, I have found Barclays to be one of the tougher banks to get approved with. If you have a lot of recent inquiries on credit report, or if you currently have a Barclays card that you don’t spend much on, you might have a hard time getting this card.
The Barclays American Airlines Aviator Business has an increased 50,000 American Airlines mile sign-up bonus after making a single purchase within 90 days of account opening! It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
If you qualify for small business cards, this could be a great way to pick-up some easy American Airlines miles. We don’t earn a commission for this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
Let me know if you apply!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)