Free AARP Membership (Good for Flight Discounts and More!) After Spending $15+ at Walgreens
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Good news for folks who want to save money on dining, shopping, entertainment, and travel!
With this deal from Walgreens, you can get a free 1 year AARP membership after spending $15+ in a single purchase on certain products at Walgreens by August 31, 2018. The membership usually costs $16, so you’ll save by buying items you were already planning on purchasing anyway!
You do NOT have to be a senior citizen to join AARP. And a membership comes with perks that are great for travelers, like a discount on British Airways tickets and on hotel stays! And this deal is valid for existing AARP members as well, so you can earn a free 1 year renewal!
Team member Jasmin took advantage of a nearly identical deal from a couple of years ago and absolutely loves using her dining discounts.
Here are the details of this offer:
- $15 minimum spend must be met in a single transaction, excluding taxes, discounts, store credit, and redemption dollars
- Valid for new and existing AARP members
- Qualifying health and wellness products include: acne, allergy, antacids, cold relief, cough relief, dental, diet aids and supplements, eye care, ear care, feminine hygiene, first aid, elastic wraps and braces, foot care, hair care (medicated only), hand sanitizers, healthcare appliances, humidifiers, incontinence, laxatives, ointments, pain relief, pediatric medications, sanitary, sleep aids, smoking cessation, sun care, vaporizers and vitamins and supplements
For similar deals in the past, you’d have to complete and mail in the form that prints out with your receipt.
When you have an AARP membership, for example, you’ll receive the following discounts on British Airways flights through January 31, 2019:
- $65 off for travel in coach
- $200 off for travel in Business Class
The discounts are for round-trip British Airways flights starting in the US. All you have to do is log-in to your AARP account on the British Airways website.
And don’t forget, Chase Freedom cardholders can earn 5% cash back (5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent) at Walgreens (and other eligible merchants) on up to $1,500 in combined spending, through September 30, 2018. But you must activate the bonus to qualify.
Hat tip: Frequent Miler
Never miss the best deals again! Always check our Hot Deals page for an easy-to-digest list of the top rewards card offers!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)
Join the Discussion!