Fly Fancy for Less! 25% Off Business (and Coach) Award Seats to Europe and Beyond
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Starting today, September 1, 2017, you can book discounted award flights for travel between November 1, 2017, and December 31, 2017, depending on your departure city. There are lots of Canadian cities on this list. So for folks near the Canadian border, it could be worth a longer drive to the airport to save miles!
Flying Blue Promo Awards for September 2017
Link: Flying Blue Promo AwardsFlying Blue is the loyalty program of Air France and KLM. Each month, they release discounted award tickets on certain routes, including flights between North America and Europe.
From September 1 to September 30, 2017, you can save 25% on award flights to Europe for travel between November 1 and November 30, 2017, to:
- Calgary – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines)
- Edmonton – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines)
- Montreal – 18,750 miles in coach (11,250 miles less than United Airlines)
- New York City (to Paris Orly only) – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines) or 18,750 miles one-way in coach (11,250 miles less than United Airlines and Delta)
- Vancouver – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines), 18,750 miles in coach (11,250 miles less than United Airlines)
Flying Blue considers countries like Algeria, Israel, and Morocco to be part of Europe. So you can save even MORE miles compared to other airlines if you’re headed to those areas.
Keep in mind, there’s NO discount on the taxes & fees, which may be very high depending on the route. Surcharges can be ~$200 at most for a one-way Business Class flight ~($400 round-trip). So decide if the high fees are worth the miles you’ll save.
Click through the Flying Blue Promo Awards site to get the discount. You can only book flights on Air France or KLM to get the discount (not their SkyTeam partners, like Delta). And you must use Flying Blue miles to book your ticket!
To get this deal, you’ll have to book your flights by September 30, 2017.
Want More Flying Blue Miles?
There are LOTS of ways to earn Flying Blue miles! The 4 major flexible points programs transfer to Flying Blue at a ratio of 1:1. You can transfer:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards points – You’ll need either the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, Chase Ink Plus (no longer available), or Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
- Citi ThankYou Points – You’ll need the Citi Prestige or Citi Premier Card
- AMEX Membership Rewards points – You’ll need cards like the The Platinum Card® from American Express, American Express® Gold Card, etc.
- Starwood points – If you transfer 20,000 Starwood points at a time, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus.
Starting today, September 1, 2017, you can book Flying Blue Promo Awards to Europe from 5 North American cities – Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, New York City, and Vancouver.
These awards cost fewer points than you’d pay for similar flights on Delta or United Airlines. But taxes & fees can also be higher. So do the math to decide if the award discount is worth the extra cash.
Let me know if you book a Promo Award!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)