Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
I’ve used my IHG points for phenomenal stays at IHG’s luxurious InterContinental hotels, high-end Crowne Plaza hotels, and clean and convenient Holiday Inn hotels. But one IHG brand isn’t talked about as much. And I think it’s one of the best brands inside any of the mega-hotel portfolios like Hilton, Marriott, etc.
IHG Staybridge Suites are a great value. In a moment I’ll explain why. But first, I want you to earn free stays there!
Earn IHG points on your stays or pay with IHG points instead of cash by using the
- IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card (I’ve kept this card for years — totally worth it)
You can also earn bonus points on all travel purchases including IHG with these 3 great credit cards
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card – #1 business credit card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – I’ve had this card for many years. Best card for folks new to using points to pay for travel!
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – great card if you travel a lot and know you’ll use the perks
You can transform the points you earn with the 3 cards above into IHG points. There are more “valuable” uses for Chase points (such as international Business Class flights) but you should always do what’s best for the type of travel YOU want.
Here’s Why IHG Staybridge Suites are Awesome
The Million Mile Secrets team works remotely all over the US. And when we get together in one location, we have often chosen IHG Staybridge Suites. Here are some reasons why:
- Free hot breakfast – It’s pretty good! And it tastes better when it’s free. No fancy elite status needed. Just grab your bacon and eggs, fresh fruit salad, waffles, cereals, juices, etc.
- Huge rooms — most of the locations have spacious suites, thus the name Staybridge Suites. Usually I’ve got a couch in additional to my big comfy bed, a separate work area with a desk, and a full kitchen.
- Free Fast WiFi – some hotels chains require elite status. Meanwhile IHG Staybridge grants you your natural human right to fast WiFi.
- Full Kitchen Is a Big Money-Saver — Million Mile Secret Agents know that with the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card you get the 4th award night free. (See that link for all the details but basically you pay for 3 nights with points and the 4th night of that stay is free!) And if you’re staying 4 nights, it can make sense to get some food in the fridge, warm up leftovers from the restaurant in the microwave, or use the stove (yeah right haha).
- Free Adult Beverages — IHG Staybridge Suites has a free happy hour 3 days a week and they serve a bit of food there too.
- Fitness Room — I’ve had multiple stays at IHG Staybridge and I’m proud to say I once used the gym. It’s open 24/7 so you can feel great/guilty about that.
- Pets – contact the specific hotel but in general you can bring your dog/cat/iguana
- Staff – I’ve only had friendly experiences with the folks on staff at IHG Staybridge hotels!
- Free laundry machines — ugh. No one wants to do laundry but it’s there if you need it.
If you haven’t already, check out IHG Staybridge Suites. No, it’s not luxury. But I think it’s often a great value for the money or IHG points. You get so much free stuff and space that other hotel chains skip out on.
I also like Hyatt Place, TownPlace Suites by Marriott, and Hampton by Hilton that are similar to Staybridge. But so far in my personal experience, Staybridge Suites have been the best.
For free hotels stays, you can transform Chase Ultimate Rewards points into IHG points, Marriott points, or Hyatt points, plus earn points on any hotel stay with these cards:
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card – biggest bonus (after you meet the spending requirement)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – 3X points on travel purchases
And of course the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card makes a lot of sense if you like to stay at IHG brand hotels.