Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Did you know you could earn 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points WITHOUT opening a credit card?
Chase will give folks with any of the following cards 60,000 bonus points for opening a Chase Sapphire bank account:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Chase Sapphire (no longer available to new applicants)
- Chase Freedom®
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points are enough for a round-trip coach flight to Europe . Or 2 nights at the Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour, which can easily cost $600+ per night! And that’s more points than the sign-up bonus on any of those cards.
This deals not for everyone, but I’ll explain the details and help you decide if it makes sense for you.
There’s a big requirement to earning this bonus. After opening the bank account, you’ll need to deposit $75,000 in new assets and keep that balance for at least 90 days. If you can do that, you should take advantage of this deal!
Here are more details:
- Chase Freedom or Sapphire cardholders can open a new Chase Sapphire banking account (or upgrade their existing Chase bank account in branch) and receive 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- Your Chase Freedom or Sapphire card must be in good standing
- You must transfer $75,000 in qualifying new money or securities (checking, savings, investment accounts) into the account within 45 days, and keep it there for 90 days
- You will forfeit the bonus points if you close your account within 6 months
- You’ll be charged $25 every month your account is below $75,000
- NOT available to existing Chase Sapphire Banking or Chase Private Client customers
- Deal expires on March 5, 2019
You’ll get your points within 45 days of qualifying for this offer. Note that the terms say you can only receive 1 Sapphire Checking, Chase Private Client Checking or You Invest bonus every 12 months. Additionally, it seems that Chase will value these points at 1 cent each come tax season.
This deal has been available through Chase branches nationwide, but now it’s available online and the expiration date has been extended. So it’s easier than ever to take advantage of this bonus!
You’ll find the full details of the offer here. Let us know if you get in on it!
And to stay on top of other miles & points deals in the future, sign-up for our newsletter.