Tripadvisor Names the Top 25 Amusement Parks In the World (No Surprise – Disney’s Parks Rule!)
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
INSIDER SECRET: If you’re considering a trip to any of the top amusement parks in Florida (Magic Kingdom anyone?), be sure to check out our guide to cheap flights to Orlando.
Tripadvisor has named the top 25 amusement parks in the world, with Disney’s theme parks dominating the list. According to the site, the rankings were made “by an algorithm based on quantity and quality of reviews as well as members’ rating.” So essentially, the list is based on fellow travelers’ reviews, something many of us appreciate.
The Top Amusement Parks In the World (Many of Them Disney)
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure – Orlando, Florida
- Magic Kingdom Park – Orlando, Florida
- Universal Studios Florida – Orlando, Florida
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Orlando, Florida
- Le Puy du Fou – Les Epesses, France
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Los Angeles, California
- Tivoli Gardens – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Europa-Park – Rust, Germany
- The Island in Pigeon Forge – Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- SeaWorld – Orlando, Florida
- Disneyland Paris – Marne-la-Vallee, France
- Disneyland Park – Anaheim, California
- Dollywood — Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Leolandia – Capriate San Gervasio, Italy
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Orlando, Florida
- Silver Dollar City – Branson, Missouri
- Efteling – Kaatsheuvel, The Netherlands
- Disney California Adventure Park – Anaheim, California
- Beto Carrero World – Penha, Brazil
- Walt Disney Studios Park – Marne-la-Vallee, France
- Universal Studios Singapore – Sentosa Island, Singapore
- Fun Spot America Kissimmee – Kissimmee, Florida
- Hong Kong Disneyland – Hong Kong, China
- Paultons Park – Romsey, United Kingdom
- Universal Studios Japan – Osaka, Japan
What do you think? Any surprises or is it as you’d expect?
It’s been years since I’ve been to any of the parks in Orlando but I took my daughter to Disneyland Paris just last year. It was quite the treat for her, but I can’t say thoroughly I enjoyed standing in the long lines that seem to be unavoidable when you’re traveling to one of these popular theme parks. 😉
That said, I was able to use my Marriott points to stay for free at Marriott’s Village d’ile-de-France. Offering daily shuttles to the park and condos with tons of room, it’s a great spot for families.
What’s nice about many of the parks on this list is that visiting any of them is a great excuse to plan a trip! I’ve seen photos of #17 on the list, Efteling in The Netherlands, and have always wanted to visit.
For more tips to saving at theme parks, be sure to check out our guide to discount amusement park tickets. Also, if you decide to plan a trip to any of the Disney parks, don’t forget, the best credit cards for Disney aren’t the official Disney cards!For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)