Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
INSIDER SECRET: If you’re considering a trip to any of the top amusement parks in Florida (Magic Kingdom anyone?), be sure to check out our guide to cheap flights to Orlando.
Tripadvisor has named the top 25 amusement parks in the world, with Disney’s theme parks dominating the list. According to the site, the rankings were made “by an algorithm based on quantity and quality of reviews as well as members’ rating.” So essentially, the list is based on fellow travelers’ reviews, something many of us appreciate.
The Top Amusement Parks In the World (Many of Them Disney)
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure – Orlando, Florida
- Magic Kingdom Park – Orlando, Florida
- Universal Studios Florida – Orlando, Florida
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Orlando, Florida
- Le Puy du Fou – Les Epesses, France
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Los Angeles, California
- Tivoli Gardens – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Europa-Park – Rust, Germany
- The Island in Pigeon Forge – Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- SeaWorld – Orlando, Florida
- Disneyland Paris – Marne-la-Vallee, France
- Disneyland Park – Anaheim, California
- Dollywood — Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Leolandia – Capriate San Gervasio, Italy
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Orlando, Florida
- Silver Dollar City – Branson, Missouri
- Efteling – Kaatsheuvel, The Netherlands
- Disney California Adventure Park – Anaheim, California
- Beto Carrero World – Penha, Brazil
- Walt Disney Studios Park – Marne-la-Vallee, France
- Universal Studios Singapore – Sentosa Island, Singapore
- Fun Spot America Kissimmee – Kissimmee, Florida
- Hong Kong Disneyland – Hong Kong, China
- Paultons Park – Romsey, United Kingdom
- Universal Studios Japan – Osaka, Japan
What do you think? Any surprises or is it as you’d expect?
It’s been years since I’ve been to any of the parks in Orlando but I took my daughter to Disneyland Paris just last year. It was quite the treat for her, but I can’t say thoroughly I enjoyed standing in the long lines that seem to be unavoidable when you’re traveling to one of these popular theme parks. 😉
That said, I was able to use my Marriott points to stay for free at Marriott’s Village d’ile-de-France. Offering daily shuttles to the park and condos with tons of room, it’s a great spot for families.
What’s nice about many of the parks on this list is that visiting any of them is a great excuse to plan a trip! I’ve seen photos of #17 on the list, Efteling in The Netherlands, and have always wanted to visit.
For more tips to saving at theme parks, be sure to check out our guide to discount amusement park tickets. Also, if you decide to plan a trip to any of the Disney parks, don’t forget, the best credit cards for Disney aren’t the official Disney cards!
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.