Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Good news for folks looking to earn American Airlines miles!
Via Doctor of Credit, you can earn 60,000 American Airlines miles when you open CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® and spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
The previous offer was for 30,000 American Airlines miles, so this is a great deal!
Here’s what you need to know about this improved offer!
Improved Sign-Up Bonus With Citi American Airlines Small Business Card
There’s a better offer for the Citi American Airlines small business card! You’ll earn 60,000 American Airlines miles when you apply for the card and spend $3,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
Previously, the sign-up bonus was just 30,000 American Airlines miles after completing minimum spending requirements. So this bonus is twice as good!
Here’s what else you’ll get with the Citi American Airlines small business card:
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on American Airlines flights
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on telecommunications, rental car companies, and gas stations
- 1X American Airlines mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- First bag checked free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding (gives you extra time to board and prepare for your flight)
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
- $99 Companion Ticket good for a coach domestic flight after spending $30,000 on purchases per cardmember year
Is It Worth It?
You can do a lot with 60,000 American Airlines miles! For example, you can book an award flight from anywhere in the US to anywhere in Europe!
60,000 American Airlines miles is also enough for:
- 1 round-trip coach flight to Hawaii (45,000 American Airlines miles)
- 1 round-trip Business Class flight to Costa Rica (50,000 American Airlines miles)
- 2 round-trip coach flights within the US (25,000 American Airlines miles each)
- 8 one-way coach flights less than 500 miles within the mainland US or Canada (7,500 American Airlines miles each)
- and more!
That said, it’s been difficult to find saver level awards on many American Airlines routes. So it could be worth checking to see if you can find open award seats if you have a particular trip in mind!
Want More American Airlines Miles?
There are plenty of ways to earn American Airlines miles. For example, you can transfer Starwood points to American Airlines at a 1:1 ratio. And you’ll get a bonus 5,000 American Airlines miles when you transfer your Starwood points in increments of 20,000!
There are several credit cards that earn American Airlines miles, too. For example:
- Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard – 75,000 American Airlines miles after spending $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard – 30,000 American Airlines miles after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account (limited-time offer)14-08-203-017-1139
- Barclaycard American Airlines Aviator Red – 50,000 American Airlines bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of annual fee within the first 90 days of account opening
Note: Citi will NOT allow you to earn the sign-up bonus for more than 1 credit card of the same brand within a 24-month period. So for example, if you apply for the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select, you can NOT earn the sign-up bonus with the Citi American Airlines Executive card for 24 months.
However, the Citi American Airlines small business card to be in the same family as other American Airlines cards. So if you’ve opened a personal American Airlines credit card in the past 24 months, you are still eligible for this bonus!
You can open a Citi American Airlines small business card and earn 60,000 American Airlines miles after completing the card’s minimum spending requirements. That’s twice the number of bonus American Airlines miles you could earn with the previous offer for this card!
Do you plan on applying for this better offer? Let me know in the comments!