Better Offer! Double the Sign-Up Bonus for This Airline Card
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers. Citi is an MMS advertising partner.
Good news for folks looking to earn American Airlines miles!
Via Doctor of Credit, you can earn 60,000 American Airlines miles when you open CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® and spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
The previous offer was for 30,000 American Airlines miles, so this is a great deal!The information for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here’s what you need to know about this improved offer!
Improved Sign-Up Bonus With Citi American Airlines Small Business Card
There’s a better offer for the Citi American Airlines small business card! You’ll earn 60,000 American Airlines miles when you apply for the card and spend $3,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
Previously, the sign-up bonus was just 30,000 American Airlines miles after completing minimum spending requirements. So this bonus is twice as good!
Here’s what else you’ll get with the Citi American Airlines small business card:
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on American Airlines flights
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on telecommunications, rental car companies, and gas stations
- 1X American Airlines mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- First bag checked free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding (gives you extra time to board and prepare for your flight)
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
- $99 Companion Ticket good for a coach domestic flight after spending $30,000 on purchases per cardmember year
Is It Worth It?
You can do a lot with 60,000 American Airlines miles! For example, you can book an award flight from anywhere in the US to anywhere in Europe!60,000 American Airlines miles is also enough for:
- 1 round-trip coach flight to Hawaii (45,000 American Airlines miles)
- 1 round-trip Business Class flight to Costa Rica (50,000 American Airlines miles)
- 2 round-trip coach flights within the US (25,000 American Airlines miles each)
- 8 one-way coach flights less than 500 miles within the mainland US or Canada (7,500 American Airlines miles each)
- and more!
That said, it’s been difficult to find saver level awards on many American Airlines routes. So it could be worth checking to see if you can find open award seats if you have a particular trip in mind!
Want More American Airlines Miles?
There are plenty of ways to earn American Airlines miles. For example, you can transfer Starwood points to American Airlines at a 1:1 ratio. And you’ll get a bonus 5,000 American Airlines miles when you transfer your Starwood points in increments of 20,000!
There are several credit cards that earn American Airlines miles, too. For example:
- Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard – 75,000 American Airlines miles after spending $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard – 30,000 American Airlines miles after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account (limited-time offer)14-08-203-017-1139
- Barclaycard American Airlines Aviator Red – 50,000 American Airlines bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of annual fee within the first 90 days of account opening
However, the Citi American Airlines small business card to be in the same family as other American Airlines cards. So if you’ve opened a personal American Airlines credit card in the past 24 months, you are still eligible for this bonus!
You can open a Citi American Airlines small business card and earn 60,000 American Airlines miles after completing the card’s minimum spending requirements. That’s twice the number of bonus American Airlines miles you could earn with the previous offer for this card!
Do you plan on applying for this better offer? Let me know in the comments!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)